Alabama Application Too Easy?

I’m a high school senior in Tennessee, and I just finished applying to my three colleges. Two of these (NCSU and UTK) used the CommonApp, while UAlabama does not. I filled out my CA with all the questions and details it asked for, and submitted them after quite a bit of stress, but it’s finally over. I then went to fill out my UA application, and it was two pages, took me five minutes, and asked almost nothing about my schooling.

The information I did give was my name, address and phone number, the high school I go to, race and ethnicity, military ties, and disciplinary history. I was shocked to see submit at the end of these questions, as I had been expecting to provide my ACT scores, school history, and other general information about me that I had had to fill in for the CA. But after this I was asked to give my credit card info to pay the application fee, and it said that my application had been submitted.

Did I miss something? Is there another part of the application that I will need to fill out later? Is it just that simple? I really don’t want to mess this up because I only filled out half of the application, so any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

That’s it. It’s extremely simple.

I guess there’s no need to list your ACT/SAT score on the actual app since they won’t take any action until ACT/SAT score has been received.

It is very easy, but you do need to have your transcript sent to Alabama as well as your ACT/SAT scores. You will not be admitted without them.

After you are admitted to the University, your MyBama will open an application to the Honors College if you have the stats for it. That is a bit more involved application.

Also, if you have the stats and depending on your major, you may receive emails via MyBama to apply for the Emerging Scholars research program or STEM MBA.

Honors college is pretty straight forward and simple. Essay is a quick introduction of yourself. If you have required stats your in. You will be accepted in 24 hours.

^ I wouldn’t count on the 24 hours I think it depends on how many applications they have to look at… it took 3 days for DS17’s acceptance to the Honors college. :wink:

Yeah it took me like 48 hours.