Alabama hand sign

<p>Is there a hand signal or sign that is used for Alabama? Yesterday we took a photo of my D with a couple of other girls in her class who are going to UA and we could not think of one. Around us there were pockets of girls in photos doing signs for their schools (hook 'em for Texas, thumbs up gig ‘em for A&M, bear claw sic’ em for Baylor, etc). </p>

<p>There will be many more photo ops this spring (our school is heavy on senior events), so please share if there is something we can do to incorporate a Roll Tide into the photos!</p>

<p>I don’t think that there is a hand sign. We are from Austin, go to Texas games and love hook 'em. We asked around the Alabama campus last year and people looked puzzled. If there is one, I would love to know - my son is a Freshman at Alabama.</p>

<p>No, there’s not a hand sign for UA. Perhaps she could wear a Bama logo shirt instead?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Believe me, D wishes she could be wearing a UA shirt rather than whatever her required or suggested dress is for the events! I think maybe we’ll bring a little flag or something to the next one. Thanks for pointing me toward that!</p>

<p>Hand signs are truly some weird phenomenon unique to Texas schools. UT, TTech, TCU, Baylor… all have them. I can’t think of any SEC school that has a hand sign. One of the stipulations to letting A&M in the conference was that they had to lose the stupid hand sign.</p>

<p>In the SEC, a single index finger indicating #1 will suffice. That’s usually the sign people are making at the end of the season. At least 6 teams in a row have…</p>

<p>lol…</p>

<p>yup…that’s Bama’s hand sign. #1.</p>

<p>It’s not official, but I remember Mark Ingram flashing the crowd an “A” following a touchdown by forming a triangle with the tips of his index fingers and the tips of his thumbs. It was unmistakeable. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>How about a some UA logo jewelry?? Great choices here [Alabama</a> Crimson Tide Jewelry, University of Alabama Bracelet, Bama Anklet, Necklace, Earrings - The Official Alabama Fan Shop](<a href=“Access Denied”>Access Denied)</p>

<p>Right…the football players have those Nike Pro-Combat gloves that have A’s on them. </p>

<p>[Nike</a> Alabama Crimson Tide Black-Gray 2010 Pro Combat Rivalry Vapor Jet Skill Gloves](<a href=“Access Denied”>Access Denied)</p>

<p>Many people will hold up 4 fingers at the start of the 4th quarter to signal that Alabama is a 4th quarter team, but I haven’t seen people do that outside of football games.</p>

<p>Would the University of Florida’s Gator Chomp be considered a hand sign?</p>

<p>“One of the stipulations to letting A&M in the conference was that they had to lose the stupid hand sign.”</p>

<p>What? I don’t believe that for a minute. I come from an Aggie family, and there is no school bigger on tradition than Texas A&M. That thumbs up will not be going anywhere.</p>

<p>I think Slippy was kidding. lol</p>

<p>The SEC wouldn’t tell a school that it had to lose a hand sign. </p>

<p>Heck, Florida has that gator chomping sign. (oh, just saw Sea-Tide mention that). And, Miss St has those horrid cow bells.</p>

<p>Bama will just have to be satisfied with the #1 hand sign.</p>

<p>Thank you for the links and suggestions!</p>

<p>And IneedaMascot, I agree. You can take Texas A&M out of the Big 12, but you can’t take the Gig 'Em out of A&M :)</p>

<p>Of course I was kidding.</p>

<p>Slippy, would that be the index finger that is extended? LOL</p>

<p>Ingram flashes the sign: </p>

<p><a href=“http://houndstooth.files.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2010/01/markingrama.jpg[/url]”>http://houndstooth.files.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2010/01/markingrama.jpg&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;