American University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the American University is November 15.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

3 Likes

3.8 unweighted
Biology (pre-med)
test optional
Regional VP of BBYO
President Chemistry Club
President Jewish Student Union
several other extra curriculars…

Bumping this to keep it kind of relevant. My son applied for ED, and just interested to see when folks get decisions. And also how to pay for it :slight_smile: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

We are here for the same reason. I have one very anxious student waiting to hear! She’s driving herself crazy!

Daughter just got an email saying ED1 decisions come out Dec 15 at 4pm!!

Mine did too. Then she had a little panic meltdown!

1 Like

I didn’t get the email about decisions being released. I applied ED. What did it say?

1 Like

My daughter was accepted just now!!!

1 Like

Me too! Congrats!!

2 Likes

Please post your stats. Congrats!

2 Likes

3.8 uw (I don’t know her weighted"
Chem Club president
JSU president
Global ambassador for InvisiYouth
Regional VP of BBYO
Test optional
Other activities and awards

1 Like

I applied ED1 with an international studies major

• I go to an all girls private school in CT, white, female, divorced parents
  • 3.4uw gpa
  • test optional
  • 6 APs
  • two part time jobs
  • lacrosse captain/varsity lacrosse all 4 years
  • head/president of a community partnership that helps girls at my school write testimonies that shape public policy in my state
  • chosen as an advancement/admissions ambassador at my school
  • squash team 3 yrs
  • club lacrosse 3 yrs
  • book club 2 yrs + a few more activities
  • had good teacher recs and a letter from an AU alum
  • I also showed its of demonstrated interest. I visited, went to a local info session, went to webinars, and opened most of their emails.

Good luck to everyone applying! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Accepted as well! :tada::partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations! I hope they have a group on some platform for all of you to meet!

Our kiddo was accepted too but with much less merit than shown in the NPC. :cry:

1 Like

me too :frowning: going to reach out to the financial aid office for sure.

1 Like

Merit aid is based on GPA and test scores. Are you referring to need-based aid? In which case, the NPC being off is typical for Early Decision.

1 Like

No, I’m referring to merit that the NPC calculator showed based on her grades and scores.

AU’s NPC doesn’t ask for grades or test scores and doesn’t distinguish between merit and need-based aid in it’s final calculations. Net Price Calculator | American University, Washington, DC

1 Like

Incoming classes typically have Facebook groups for students to meet, as well as groupchats and Instagram pages.

1 Like