Animation Major: Chapman, SCAD, or Pratt?

Hello,

My daughter is a Senior in High School, she wants to major in Computer Animation (with focus on 2D) and has been accepted to SCAD, Chapman Univ. (Orange, CA), and Pratt. We really just want her to get a great education and find a good job after graduation. Which one is the best choice please?

I would really appreciate inputs from recent graduates, parents of recent graduates, and alumni from those three schools. Thanks in advance!

I would reach out to each school’s career office and or academic department ask for career placement data…such as this -

SCADAlumniEmploymentStudy2022.pdf

Recent Graduate Outcomes - Pratt Institute

Internships while an undergrad will matter the most and create opportunities for connections to employment in the industry.

SCAD is very career oriented. It is intense there, but such a unique college experience.

The three college locations are very different and SCAD actually has multiple campuses to spend time at while in undergrad.

Has she been to visit all three colleges? SCAD in Savannah is spread out across the city and the Atlanta campus has many film opportunities with so many production companies there now.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.