Anorexia for Essay?

yes

I disagree. Not too late to write a 650 word essay. My assumption is if they are applying to Harvard and a competitive applicant that they are well rounded and don’t struggle with writing. Of course it is not ideal but I would agree that any essay that addresses a mental health issue will likely result in a denial. If that is true, which seems to be the consensus, what do you have to lose by rewriting it?

4 Likes

Without more information, I have to say that I agree with most of the other posters that applicants should not disclose/should minimize information about eating disorders and other medical issues in their essays if at all possible. As others have posted, the essays are an opportunity for you to show how you will contribute to the college and thrive there.

I realize that it may be too late to do so for your REA school, but you might want to consider choosing one of the other prompts for your common app essay for any RD schools that you apply to. It is perfectly okay to send one common app essay to one school, and a different one to others.

Wishing you the best of luck, in school and in life.

Also, if this is your real name, you may want to change it to an anonymous screenname. We tell this to everyone – it’s a very common situation. Once you change it, I’m pretty sure that the system will automatically go back and chance all your old posts, too.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/how-do-i-change-my-username/