Another housing question

We are still waiting for admissions to process my son’s home education transcript. Everything else is there - dual enrollment transcripts, ACT scores, completed app. I mailed his homeschool transcript about 3 weeks ago because we had to finalize his dual enrollment schedule for senior year, so it was the last item to arrive.

Assuming our app is not processed by then, can we still put in a housing deposit when it opens up on 10/1?

Thank you!

@UAHousing

You have to be accepted to apply for housing.

You will need to be accepted and have paid the Freshman Enrollment Deposit before you will be able to begin your housing application.

You are still on the early side of things, so if it’s a few days later, it won’t drastically impact your housing selection options. In the past, all October applicants have had access to room selection the first night (this could change if a million people apply in October, though).

I would call Admissions though and see if there happens to be something else missing. Our understanding is that the turnaround for admissions decisions is 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps!
Janine

Thank you @UAHousing - very helpful to know. I did contact admissions, and may re-send the transcript, though we are not at the 3 week mark yet like I thought. After checking, it looks like I mailed it on September 9th, certified mail, but it probably didn’t arrive until 9/12.

My DS will be most interested in Honors suite-style dorm.

Thanks again!