Any way to improve chances?

<p>A friend of my younger D has Bama at the top of her list. She’s not a great student - C+ average and an ACT near the bottom of UA’s range. She has a learning disability and was diagnosed with ADHD junior year. Grades improved a lot once she started medication, so there’s a positive grade trend. Is there anything she can do or anyone she can contact to improve her admissions chances? She is OOS, if it matters.</p>

<p>I do not know if this will make a difference, but you can contact the UA Office of Disability Services to see if any help can be provided from that department. And if she does get accepted, the family should definitely contact the ODS to see what services (all free) they can provide.</p>

<p>A student improves his/her chances by applying EARLY. Bama is more lenient when a student applies early.</p>

<p>Will her parents pay the OOS costs?</p>

<p>Certainly, her area-rep can move things along for her.</p>

<p>Also…she would not be outright rejected at this point if she applies. If she isn’t quickly accepted, then Bama would request mid-term grades, an essay or something else. Bama would also give her time to retest if necessary.</p>

<p>she needs to apply NOW.</p>

<p>Two years ago, a young man from Connecticut applied with very marginal stats. VERY marginal. He applied early, Bama asked for mid-term grades, he was accepted, he’s attending and doing very well in B-school. He is a bright kid, just need to grow up a bit…lol. (AR…if you read this, love ya!)</p>

<p>Thanks. She applied on-line in September; I don’t know for sure whether she’s gotten all of her third party stuff sent in, but she probably has. No problem on the OOS costs - the family can and will pay full freight.</p>

<p>Find out if transcripts and test scores have been sent in. If not, those need to be sent ASAP.</p>

<p>Make sure that she is using any allowed accommodations when testing if she has a documented disability. If in an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Section 504 plan to allow extra time for tests at school, she should be allowed these same accommodations on other standardized tests.</p>