Anyone gotten a booster shot?

Our nearby Costco has both Moderna and Pfizer bivalent shots available. I’m glad to h as be gotten mine! H and D had some achiness, fever and feeling blah a few days. Mom and I felt fine—maybe a touch tired a day or two.

We’ve had PPPMM.

Got my bivalent shot yesterday (as well as my flu shot). Took a few Motrin before bed last night, but I feel fine now. Just a bit sore at the injection site if I press on it.

3 Likes

We are scheduled to get it today. Will confirm it is the bivalent as thats all I want

Got flu and covid yesterday. I forgot all about it until I went to bed and then found my shoulder a little sore on the covid side but nothing on the flu shot side.

I’ve have MMMPP. A guy in the waiting room said he got pneumonia shot last week and that was a killer. I still have to get that and the Dtap, and it seems every time I think I can get it I need another shot instead.

I got the new Covid (Pfizer) and the extra strong flu shot. Flu arm is a little sore, Covid arm barely feel it. I had Pfizer for my last booster too and it was much easier on me than the Moderna ones had been. I’m also an MMMPP.

We just got both the pfizer bivalent booster and our flu shots (one of us got the regular and the other the “high test” for being over 65). We were advised to get both in the same arm so we did— that way only one sore arm. Its only mildly sore. Otherwise we are fine so far, and the Braves beat the Mets tonight. So all is well with the world :wink:

1 Like

Only about a third to obtain booster soon.

Seems like the answers that were suitable for the initial vaccinations are missing options that may be somewhat common for these boosters:

• Waiting until some months after recent infection.
  • Waiting until shortly before higher risk planned events (e.g. winter holiday gatherings).

While these might fit into the “wait and see” category, they are more along the lines of people trying to optimize their vaccine-induced immunity, rather than because they are hesitant about the booster.

5 Likes

Indeed. And what happens if there is a big outbreak somewhere? That alone may get folks to sign up for a vax.

An outbreak may induce some of the second group (trying to time the booster to just before a high risk event) to get boosted now, since the high risk situation appeared sooner than planned. It could also induce some the more hesitant people to get boosted, if they hear about friends or family getting miserable sickness in the outbreak. However, those who were recently infected and presumably still have high antibodies against the presumed current variant may continue waiting for a more optimal time to get boosted.

I wasn’t trying to time anything. I saw a news piece that said only 4% of people had gotten the new shot (my 5th) so I went and did it. I do have to travel the first week of Nov but that didn’t have much to do with it.

I did hand them my card but I don’t remember them asking me when my last one was. I don’t even know how far apart they are supposed to be, just that the new one covers the newest variants.

I had my last booster June 4th. I am waiting at least 4 months before my next one, so will probably get bivalent shot in late October.

I am in a Johns Hopkins study, and on 9/4 my antibodies to the original strain were still very high. But of course I would like antibodies to Omicron too.

I do feel timing it in late October means I can worry less for the holidays.

I and one of my kids are still being careful, wearing masks most everywhere and testing before seeing people. I just drove 300 miles to pick her up for a visit and 300 miles to bring her to my home, then the reverse 4 days later. Once we are boosted we will consider trains!

My mother’s assisted living facility has three resident cases and two staff cases. My cousin and wife are sick with COVID and my sister-in-law. It’s around but it seems most people feel pretty safe without masks. I am usually the only masked one in the store.

My vulnerable daughter takes the subway every day and so far her mask has kept her healthy. She had her bivalent shot two weeks ago.

2 Likes

Maybe we should have waited since it’s “only” been 2 mos since we had covid, but have read that the antibodies/immunity may not last as long with the newer strains. So we got the bivalent and flu shot yesterday.

That’s the same date I had my last booster. I am watching the numbers here, and trying to hold off a bit before getting the bivalent booster. Still trying to decide which way to go for this booster – M or P – as I am MMPP. Which will be the tiebreaker for my 2-2 record?

I always mask inside public places, and really don’t go out much, anyway. I know the prevailing public opinion is that covid is No Big Deal (because people think mask requirements are abusive), but I don’t want to get it and possibly risk long covid. There are few people masked when I’m out and about.

DC was in a clinical trial and had a horrible reaction to the second shot (ended up in the ER; luckily everything was ok). Got the Pfizer booster last December and another horrible reaction.
They just got the Moderna bivalent booster…and ok! Just a sore arm and a little nausea. Whew!

I am waiting to hear about those that are 2 plus weeks out from the new booster and caught Covid. My fingers are crossed that because they address the current varient, they might even, help prevent catching it. I have so much travel coming up in the next 4 weeks, including being in very large crowds. Though interestingly I have been to 3 large trade shows this year maskless and myself and my team have not caught Covid. Could it be the airflow and large ceilings in the convention center, and that being an exhibitor I am not around the same person for more than a few minutes at most? Recently I took a trip to Switzerland for work, and was shocked I did not bring home Covid.

1 Like

It’s been 8 days since our booster. Crossing fingers it’s a strong enough shield for parents weekend. It’s going to be very rainy and windy and cool (Ian remnants), so I hoping a lot of people stay away. But anything indoors will likely be mobbed

My wife and I just got our boosters yesterday…#5 for us, all have been Pfizer. We both have minor soreness in her arms and are maybe a bit more tired than usual, but so far all is good!!

1 Like

I never got a second booster (had my first last December) for no particularly good reason except I had bad reactions to my first two moderna (third was Pfizer and a comparative walk in the park) and then I started thinking I was immune after multiple close exposures. I did mean to get the new booster after I had my flu shot in a couple of weeks. Got Covid this week :). Serves me right. Fortunately after one miserable night it’s mostly just a bad cold so far. I didn’t test positive at all for more than 24 hours after symptoms started and not strongly positive until the following morning after that so hopefully my antibodies are still working.

Agreed - it misses the entire category of people who were either boosted in the summer or who had Covid over the summer who are told to wait.

Case in point: my teen (boosted 12/2021) is getting his today, but I had a booster in July so I’m waiting until November.

Two families around us have had Covid as the kids went back to school - they were planning on getting the booster when it came out, but now are waiting as they’ve had/currently have Covid this month.

And the other side of this is that boosters are incredibly hard to schedule now where we are (Portland, OR) with appointments being made for 4 weeks out and the major hospital that did all the other vaccine events without the new boosters in stock at all.