Anyone gotten a booster shot?

My husband got his Wednesday and I got mine last night. He had a sore arm and that was it. So far, that’s my only reaction, too. :slight_smile: The pharmacist who gave me my shot said lots of people are coming in for it - 20 just yesterday.

4 Likes

Got mine the day of announcement. All previous shots were Pfizer, for the fourth I went with Moderna. Achy for 48 hrs.

3 Likes

Posted elsewhere to. Had 3x Moderna. Got the Pfizer yesterday. Barely a sore arm today, unlike the fever and chills I got with Moderna. Hope it’s working!

5 Likes

DH and I are in a Phase 1 research study looking at the efficacy of a lower dose booster with a t cell accelerator epitope attached. We are scheduled to get our shots Weds. He got a call that the lead investigator changed a protocol and DH might not be able to participate (will probably find out Mon or Tues) and if he can’t he’ll get the 4th booster. I will be in this study, which IMO is pretty interesting, as the Tcell response producing antibodies to a detected virus might work for other viruses, or other variants, which is kinda cool.

10 Likes

We got 3 Pfizers, with last in early September. We are getting our Moderna booster tomorrow, Sunday. Didn’t hear from either of my docs not to so we are proceeding. I’m ok if I get a fever or feel junk for 48 hours, just want protection as folks are being less careful and there are more gatherings and people are starting to dine indoors.

1 Like

Just got home from getting second booster. I had 3x Moderna so switched to Pfizer today. Taking a road trip to visit family (including my elderly parents) in a few weeks, so we feel we’ll be less likely to be bringing germs.
I’ll report any side effects if they happen. Had a hot red patch the size of my palm with the first booster. Had exactly the same reaction to my flu shot, so it’s not the Moderna formulation.

1 Like

H and I got #4 Moderna a few minutes ago. Waiting the 15 minutes we’re supposed to wait before leaving the pharmacy. Son’s wedding is next month so we wanted to be sure to get another booster. Hoping for just a sore arm again and nothing more than that.

3 Likes

Sounds like an Arthus reaction

Here’s a link and phone number for anyone needing it.

Find a COVID-19 vaccine or booster: Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.

I had to look that up. Thanks for making me smarter today.

2 Likes

me too!

I had my second booster today. All four shots were Pfizer. I didn’t switch because with Pfizer, I only had a sore arm. I couldn’t risk feeling sick for a couple days with Moderna since I do all caregiving for my mom.

Finally I have a name for the reaction I got after my second Moderna vaccination! Roundish red patches, mild pain upon pressure, started near but not at the injection site and then down the arm. Not much swelling and no itching. I did see a dermatologist who told me not to worry but didn’t name it. I had it to a much lesser degree from my Moderna booster.

We’re coming up on six months after that and I will be traveling in May (first time flying during the pandemic) so think it would be smart to get a second booster in advance. I will check with my doctor at my regular check up next week if she thinks Pfizer might be a good choice this time. I know the CVS’s near me are offering them if my health care system isn’t on board yet.

1 Like

We have three postponed weddings from 2020 happening starting in May. We will get our boosters before those happen.

I had Moderna for my first three…some folks are saying to get Pfizer for this booster. My local pharmacy has both. I just need to make an appointment and they will tell me which day to come.

2 Likes

We both stuck with Moderna x4 because we didn’t have any major problems with Moderna. Our arms are both a little sore tonight but hope nothing more develops. Just glad we were able to get a booster before son’s wedding.

3 Likes

Another Moderna X4 couple here–we got our fourths Thursday. i had a sore arm, a little muscle soreness, and was tired, Friday. H same but more tired and sore, plus a bad headache. Both fine today.

Thanks. Good to know. H still works so thought it was a good idea to do it this afternoon and have tomorrow to deal with any side effects beyond a sore arm, just in case. Glad you and you husband are fine!

1 Like

I didn’t have a booster shot, but as I know, it’s possible to get shot of the different brand.

Just got Moderna booster. Slightly sore arm. No other noticeable side effects.

2 Likes

I never got the local reaction that I had last time, or any other side effects. Just a mildly sore arm at injection site. I feel ready to go visit family!

2 Likes