Anyone gotten a booster shot?

Just had my second booster yesterday. I was doing arm windmills in the parking lot and that seems to have decreased my arm soreness. Aside from a little arm soreness, I feel pretty good. I was prepared to feel awful like I did for the first and third shots. I’m 6 months out from #3.

There was wide availability of appointments at Walgreens for the shot. I don’t think the second booster availability has been publicized at all.

My sibling has an in-law who woke up this week to find their husband dead. The husband had evidently died in distress but the wife didn’t know. She was sleeping in a different bedroom because she had covid and didn’t want to give it to him. :sob: Be safe out there. There has been so much tragedy with this disease.

I had my second booster yesterday (a 4th Pfizer shot bc it’s what they had; kind of wish I would have gotten Moderna for variety) and my arm isn’t even sore today. I’ve been so lucky not to experience side effects with any of the shots. Yesterday I had a root canal in the morning before the booster and then a chest x-ray in the afternoon. So the COVID shot was by far the easiest medical event of the day!

2 Likes

Got my 2nd booster at 1 pm Wednesday. A little bit of arm awareness but nothing major until 6 pm Thursday when I started a fever and chills. I took a Tylenol and felt better within half an hour. Funny that it took more than 24 hours to manifest.

2 Likes

I am having surgery for nasal polyps on 4/21. I have a previously scheduled telemedicine visit with my PCP on Monday and I’ll ask her about the booster. I’ve never had Covid and I really don’t want to start now! I saw the surgeon this past Monday and he had no objection but I figured as long as I’m seeing the PCP anyway, I would wait.

1 Like

DH and I had our 2nd Moderna booster last week. Mildly sore arm, mostly at the injection site, and no other side effects.

3 Likes

Same

1 Like

I had my Moderna 2nd booster at 10 am. Fine most of the day, but cold chills and not well during the night, and felt not well/sluggish during the day the next day. By 4 I was OK to go out, and I was fine except for sore arm the next day.

1 Like

Yes, and it’s a country in the Middle East, too, that starts with the letter I.

Quick update: the patient who despite having already had every available vaccine for shingles, had what now appears to have been an episode of trigeminal zoster (all 3 branches involved) triggered by a Moderna (I think) booster. They responded within a few hours to beginning the antiviral valtrex, with rapid resolution of symptoms and no sequelae. Pt didn’t develop trigeminal neuralgia as a result.

2 Likes

My 85 year old mom had 3 moderna shots and had a pfizer 2nd booster last Thu. She didn’t have much of reaction other than a light sore arm. She had more severe reactions to 3 moderna shots. It was the same for me.

2 Likes

H and I had Moderna second booster on Saturday (= all 4 Moderna for both of us). Ages 60 and 59. His dr recommended he get it so I got one too. Sore arm. He as a little tired yesterday (but could have been anything causing that!). We both reacted most to the 2nd of the original shots.

2 Likes

Got second booster at the same place as the first booster. Seemed like far fewer people were there this time. This time, it seemed like everyone there wanted Moderna and no one wanted Pfizer or J&J. (Moderna was the “booster” size dose, or 1/2 of the “primary” size dose.)

1 Like

My BIL has had 4th Moderna shot the other day.

My 95 year old mother , who has vascular dementia, had a second booster two days ago, at her assisted living. Last night she called me to say she needed to go back to that “other place” and that she “does not live here.” More calls on the same theme, agitated.

I told her we could take her back to that “other place” in the morning and that she could go to sleep where she was. She has been there 7 years.

She had zero side effects from the other 3 shots, and actually had COVID in January 2021.

I am pro-vax of course, so I hesitate to post this, but in case delirium happens so someone else’s loved one after a booster:

Delirium in a patient with Alzheimer’s dementia following COVID‐19 vaccination - PMC (nih.gov)

1 Like

H and I got second boosters today (Pfizer). We went to a local (independent) pharmacy and waited about 15 minutes. Much easier than the first vaccination. So far, both of us feel fine.

1 Like

My mother was fine today- well as fine as is possible at 95. I talked with an aide who nodded when I told her about the delirium last night and said she had seen this in other residents. The aides know the most!

2 Likes

I didn’t want to get my 2nd booster because I had my annual mammogram earlier this week, but now that that’s over, I just don’t know. I’d really like to wait until closer to a family event this summer that we will have to travel for, so we have the maximum protection as close as possible to that time. With the effectiveness against infection fading by 8 weeks, I don’t want to rush out and get it now. But if we start really seeing a surge here, I suppose we will get it sooner.

5 Likes

Second booster earlier today (Moderna after three Pfizer doses). Arm is starting to get a little tender. I only had some tenderness and a little fatigue with the others, so hoping for a similar experience this time.

2 Likes

I was urging kid to get second booster (has qualifying med condition), but they delayed. Now has Covid, despite booster 6 months ago. On paxlovid. Well, at least they didnt bring it home for the seder. Hoping no long covid.

I just scheduled my second booster for 5/2. I am having surgery this week for nasal polyps; should be all better by then.

1 Like