Anyone gotten a booster shot?

Two recommendations I’ve read:

3-4 months after infection or booster:

3-6 months after infection or booster:

1 Like

We had our boosters in April. D had hers in May. Most places in our island are out or. Early out if Moderna. We have appts for me, H and mom on Tuesday for Moderna. We are going to have D tag along to see if she can get a shot too. If not, we will try to find her a place to get walk-in shot, either Pfizer or Moderna.

So far, none of the 4 of us have had Covid.

It is somewhat more nuanced. YLE says:

For someone like @MIP750 whose most recent infection or vaccination was 2 months ago, 4 months from then would be mid-November, and 5 months from then would be mid-December. Perhaps consideration of whether and when one has increased-risk events (like indoor gatherings with visiting family during the winter holidays) may suggest when to get the booster.

3 Likes

oh sorry, was distracted…two original shots, two boosters

1 Like

Updated booster last week, 5th shot. Didn’t feel well from the 12 hr -36 hr marks from shot. Headache, occasional chills, tired. Fine now. Two long distance friends were on day 5 and day 7 with the virus last week so was extra reinforcement for me to go get it. Trying to keep my “novid” status and protect those around me.

4 Likes

I got my second booster in May and was planning on getting another around November. Unfortunately, my husband took a work trip last week and by Thursday was sick and tested positive. I was sick on Saturday.

I am surprised (because I’m boosted) by how sick I am. I have never, in my entire life felt this bad. The fevers are relentless. My husband’s fevers lasted about 48+ hours and I am at that mark now. We had both dodged this since it started and are certainly paying the (covid) piper now.

So sorry you’re feeling so badly! Can you try paxlovid or did you miss the window?

1 Like

One of my colleagues just got hit. She feels horrible. She is a healthy, athletic person. She has had fever for few days. Recently I have been hearing more severe cases.

I wonder if could be a new variant? Do you know if your colleague was boosted recently?

She was not boosted recently. I have another colleague in Switzerland who got Covid last week, he was very sick too.

Sad news. After almost 3 years I wish we all were in a better place with COVID.

2 Likes

I actually opted out because I don’t have any other underlying conditions. Hope it was the right choice!

We were just called by Walgreens, canceling our 3 appts for 9/20, Moderna bivalent booster as they’re out of stock! We scrambled and were able to go to a nearby Kaiser and have outer choice of bivalent boosters! No wait, no problem that we are all not members!

We all got the scarce Moderna. I’m very happy to be as protected as possible with so many unmasking and traveling. We are very vulnerable.

3 Likes

I just got the Pfizer updated booster and flu shot in the same day. Felt a little punky that night, but by the next afternoon was fine. I got the two original Modernas, and one Moderna booster.

1 Like

All 3 of us got a Moderna bivalent booster shot yesterday. D was tired afterward. My better half and I had sore arms and that’s about it. We all got 2 Moderna vaccine shots, a Moderna booster and a Moderna bivalent.

A friend got a Moderna bivalent two weeks ago, got sick for the first time with chills and a fever. She had not had any issue with the first 3 Covid shots.

Got the Pfizer bivalent and flu shot last week. I was tired and had a slight headache the next day but it was my flu shot arm that stayed sore for 3 days. I got the “over 65” flu shot.

Well it is hard to get appointments where we are! Today I was able to get my S23 signed up for the updated booster the first week of October (they had their booster last December). As I had a second booster in July, I made an appointment for myself for mid November, so that I will have a 4 month gap. (We have some high risk events in mid December so I don’t feel I can extend my gap to 5 or 6 months).

I then found boosters for both my parents next week (80 and 77 years old) - they had their second booster last April. There were none available in the next 3 weeks in the major city where they live, but I was able to get appointments an hour away near their vacation home.

Progress!

I recently had the new booster and had mild Covid symptoms 5 days later. Two days later I tested positive. I won’t complain given the mild symptoms.

This new variant appears to have affected my smell and taste. I am back at work, my nose is completely clear (was never bad) and can smell certain things but not others. I can’t taste much of anything yet… but yesterday I tasted a tomato a little bit and this morning I may have tasted my yogurt for a very brief moment.

My smell seems to get a little better as the day progresses.

My colleagues at work are also reporting no smell and taste.

For those who feel really lousy, I hope you recover quickly!

Sounds like you caught Covid before the vaccine had “time to fully work”

It will be interesting to see whom that are 2 weeks week out from the vaccine catches covid

I am in complete shock that so far so good after my trip to Geneva that started 5 days out from the booster . I returned last Sat. I thought for sure that two 9 hour flights would do me in, as well as being indoors around people.

3 Likes

Apparently, that was me and my husband after our last booster. Here is our anecdotal experience. Precisely 2 weeks after our shots, I felt slight sniffles. Tested with a lateral flow test (we had plenty of them sitting in the fridge courtesy of the state and feds!) - faint positive line! I immediately told everyone we have seen in the past couple of days. We masked up in the house, ate on the deck, and I ran all Winixes full speed. :slight_smile: My husband axed the idea of sleeping in separate rooms, so I kept the bedroom Winix close by my side of the bed as we slept. He tested every day for 5 days - negative. I continued working from home and no contact with anyone. We walked outside after 9 pm when there were no people on the trail. My sniffles were gone in one day. Tested a few days after - negative. Boosters helped? Possibly.

2 Likes