application question

<p>Upon reviewing my S already submitted application, I noticed that he didnt have any of his volunteer hours posted. He said that there was not an area where they could be filled out and nor did Tech ask for them. He had his EC at school/NHS etc and summer jobs listed but I also didnt see an area where they asked about volunteering activities. He has completed alot of hours at Habitat for Humanity etc . Do they even look at this?</p>

<p>Admission to Virginia Tech is mostly based on GPA and SAT scores. Extracurricular activities, including volunteering hours, only make a small impact, at best. You shouldn’t need to worry about it.</p>

<p>Dfmlege is correct that EC’s are not top of the list for consideration, however, I am sure your son still wants them seen. I remember on when my son was completing his application last year that he somehow found a way to place them in a section somehow. Have your son go back thru and maybe shift some things around or reword.</p>

<p>his application had already been submitted when I noticed this He would have to email the changes and Im not sure if he should…</p>

<p>You could have him call the admissions office for their guidance, however I think they will tell to just let it go.</p>