Application

<p>Common App or the TCU online application? Would the TCU online application indicate more interest?</p>

<p>The TCU online application would be my first choice. TCU is like a lot of schools in that it keeps track of all contacts with its applicants (and prospective applicants) so make sure that your student does all that he/she can to show genuine interest in TCU.</p>

<p>My son used the Common App and was admitted to the Honors College. I’m not sure the application makes a difference.</p>

<p>TCU accepts three different applications - 1) Common App, 2) Apply Texas, & 3) the TCU Application. If you are a strong applicant with numbers and qualifications to make you an almost certain admit, the application that you use won’t matter. If someone is a borderline applicant and TCU is a top choice, they should probably apply using the TCU online application. </p>

<p>From TCU’s perspective, it shows that an applicant has a real interest in TCU because the student had to take some extra time to complete a separate application specifically for TCU. The school knows that it is easy for applicants to check an extra box on the Common App (or Apply Texas App) to send an application to TCU but that doesn’t really show the same level of interest because TCU may only be 1 of 20 schools that the student is applying to.</p>

<p>In summary, filling out the separate TCU Application instead of the Common App won’t hurt any applicant (other than taking an extra 15-30 minutes of your time) but MAY benefit those applicants that are on the bubble.</p>