Asking a Professor for a Rec. Letter & Asking a Girl Out

<p>Alrite, gonna kill 2 birds with one stone. Answer any you think you're better suited for or both if you know nothing about the subject (just joking). As always, thank you very much for your time, response, and help. </p>

<p>So I have a professor who I want to ask if they could write me a recommendation letter. I know the usual "go to office hours" and "make sure they know you," but how good of a grade do you have to get in their class to get a rec. letter? Everyone wants the A, but how what if I end up with a B or C?</p>

<p>There's this girl I have an eye for and thinking about asking out. But there are 2 problems: I don't have a car, and it's an age-old adage that the guy takes the girl out in his car. I was gonna borrow a friend's car, but what if that doesn't work out? Second of all, I live in a dorm, and I feel no one digs that and it'd be a huge turn-off for her. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions on that? </p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>Hopefully it’s not an English prof. </p>

<p>Aren’t there places within walking distance? (E.G. starbucks, pizza, etc).</p>

<p>It’s ideal to have good personal comments on a letter as well as good grades, but the student who tries his best in class, works to improve his grades, goes to class on time may end up- from a professor who values these things- with a better letter than the student who makes A’s with no effort. If you can have both an A, and good work ethics, the letter should follow.</p>

<p>I’m a parent, but I know several college students who don’t have cars and dating is not a problem for them. There are plenty of places in walking distance and activities on campus to do. Think of something on or near campus that this girl would like to do- a concert, movie, play, and just ask her to go with you. If you continue dating and the girl has the car and she drives frequently, helping pay for gas is a nice gesture.</p>