Attending Virginia Tech?

Hey, guys!

I was just recently accepted into Virginia Tech and its honors college.

Although it seems like an amazing university, I have a couple of questions… First of all, how is it to live in Blacksburg? I would prefer to live off-campus - for personal reasons. Thus, the location is very important to me.

Also, what’s your opinion on VT’s business school? I’m planning to major in Business Management, while possibly minoring in International Relations. I’m also very interested in learning Arabic. Does VT provide good internship opportunities? And how is it, comparing to other business schools?

Thank you for your responses and help!

Per this: https://campuslife.vt.edu/Johnston/VTOCH/faqs.html No, you are very unlikely to live off campus as a freshman unless you have parents who live in the area.

Blacksburg is a great place. Since its sort of centered around the college, theres a ton of stuff around catering to the 18-25 crowd. People are really welcoming, and it’s such a large school you are sure to meet people with your interests and make connections with.

As for the business school, it wasn’t my major but everyone I know that graduated from there is doing really well. Great networking and career opportunities, tons of career fairs and the career center is great. Best of luck!

Thank you for your response! I appreciate the info. I’m a junior transfer student, so living off-campus shouldn’t be a problem :slight_smile:

Oh gotcha. Well definitely start looking for housing options! There should still be a bunch of people looking to share apartments. VT even has a portal to find people doing off campus housing https://www.techoffcampus.com/ check it out. Best of luck and go Hokies.

Mind posting your GPA/Test scores? VT is my #1 and I want to major in business as well, just nice to compare!

Sure! I got 1310 on my SAT - 610 on Math and 700 on English. My unweighted GPA is 4.0. I’m an out-of-state student from Florida.

Plenty of extracurriculars - President of the Political Science Group; Lead Intern in the Professional Enhancement Program; Volunteer for Legal Aid Services; founded my own community club; horseback riding; singing/songwriting; several other. I also received a very nice letter of recommendation from the Social Behavioral Sciences Department Dean.

What about you? Are you also applying for the fall of 2018?

@Jacobennett3 Sure! I got 1310 on my SAT - 610 on Math and 700 on English. My unweighted GPA is 4.0. I’m an out-of-state student from Florida.

Plenty of extracurriculars - President of the Political Science Group; Lead Intern in the Professional Enhancement Program; Volunteer for Legal Aid Services; founded my own community club; horseback riding; singing/songwriting; several other. I also received a very nice letter of recommendation from the Social Behavioral Sciences Department Dean.

What about you? Are you also applying for the fall of 2018?

Yes, I’m applying as well, VT really likes community service it seems like!