Bama #3 in Beauty

<p>[College</a> Rankings 2011: Most Beautiful - The Daily Beast](<a href=“http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/features/college-rankings/2011/most-beautiful.university-of-alabama.html]College”>http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/features/college-rankings/2011/most-beautiful.university-of-alabama.html)</p>

<p>Has anyone seen #1 and 2 and are they so much more beautiful? Looks like they look at campus, surroundings and the students.</p>

<p>Can’t for the life of me figure out how ASU is #6. It is a couple of miles down the road from me and is a sea of concrete IMHO.</p>

<p>Hmmmm, bet Bama would be #1 if it weren’t for all the construction going on. Backhoes and piles of dirt kind of take the edge off of aesthetic appeal. ;)</p>

<p>Hope the construction’s alllll over at some point within the next few years. It’s a minor thing – most of the campus is gorgeous – but it does mean there are a few eyesores as well as some inconvenience for people trying to drive around campus.</p>

<p>The results will be well worth it, though, I’m sure. And let’s face it–it’s a sign of growth and vitality!</p>

<p>Better news is the Auburn is #15! They might be ranked a little higher if it weren’t for the barns, stables, and chicken coops on campus. :-)</p>

<p>LOL, Dad, you sound like NJBama. ;)</p>

<p>Just noticed that campus beauty is only one of the variables used to compute the rankings. Hotness of students is another one, LOL.</p>

<p>I’m originally from Oregon, and the sentiment is similar between UofO and OSU … those Beavers are a bunch of log munchers! :slight_smile: And I won’t even go into Texas vs. Texas A&M, right?</p>

<p>What is the author of this list smoking? ASU the sixth most beautiful campus in America? I’ve been to several of the “good from far, far from good” schools on this list and all I can say is that whoever compiled it has the sensibilities of someone who thinks traffic gridlock is a sea of tranquility.</p>

<p>At least s/he got UA right, but then again even cataracts couldn’t have kept Bama off the list.</p>

<p>And while we’re at it, if hotness of the students is a factor, how in the world did Stanfurd invegle their way in? Yeah, that’s spelled right: Stanfurd.</p>

<p>DS applied to two of the top three, not bad :slight_smile: Son and husband visited UA last January and thought it was soooo pretty. I wish that I had gone with them to visit but I thought it better that they have a guys trip. Hopefully he’ll get accepted so I can visit.</p>

<p>UW Madison ranked as number 2 is ridiculous. Husband graduated from the UW and we both lived there for years. There is a small area of the campus that is pretty but the rest is not. Indiana University, University of Iowa, and University of Kansas should have made the list before Madison.</p>

<p>I was reading these last night in my paper copy of Newsweek. The online version is at: [College</a> Rankings 2011 - The Daily Beast](<a href=“http://www.thedailybeast.com/topics/college-rankings-2011.html]College”>http://www.thedailybeast.com/topics/college-rankings-2011.html)</p>

<p>UA also got ranked:</p>

<h1>2 Best Party School</h1>

<p>Frankly, since Seton Hall University in South Orange, NJ got ranked in the Top 25 for a couple of categories, I’m seriously doubting their methodology. I went there for 2 years back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I’m pretty sure it’s not in the Top 25 for anything.</p>

<p>Enough of these lists! It’s time we come up with our own. Here goes:</p>

<p>Best Party School: BYU—where partying is elevated to a rare art.</p>

<p>Most Non-Descript School: Seton Hall—because RobD says so.</p>

<p>Worst Football School: Miami—where even payola can’t buy wins.</p>

<p>Most Intransigent School: North Dakota—where the Fighting Caucasians cling to the Fighting Sioux.</p>

<p>Most Cleverly Disguised State School: Rutgers—aka New Jersey State.</p>

<p>Hottest Dorms: UCLA—3 to a room designed for 2. </p>

<p>Best Bar Scene: LSU—where athletes showcase the character-building side of sport nightly.</p>

<p>Most Savored Education: University of California—where you can turn 4 years into 5 in the blink of a loan.</p>

<p>Most Exotic Cafeteria Cuisine: Alaska—home of the reindeer tube steak.</p>

<p>Most Contemporary School: The Ohio State University—now offering interdisciplinary coursework in Tattoo, Swag, and the Zen of the Lie.</p>

<p>Very funny, Malanai. Would like to add a couple</p>

<p>Worst ratio of financial aid to expense of neighborhood: NYU</p>

<p>Worst names for privates that sound like publics: University of Chicago and University of Penn</p>

<p>Worst geographically confusing names: Wash U in St. Louis and Miami (Ohio)</p>

<p>Worst religious school that sounds secular: University of Dallas</p>

<p>This is fun. Beats doing what I am supposed to be doing ;)</p>

<p>ROTFL! Thanks, malanai and azcpamom!</p>