Bama or UNC?

I have been fortunate enough to be accepted into a number of schools, but these two have made their way to the top of my list due to their costs (in-state at UNC, Presidential and engineering scholarships at Alabama) and their academics (chemical engineering and computer-based honors at Alabama, physics or business at UNC). Which would provide me with the best career/grad school options, as well as student experience while attending?

ChemE at Bama would be better career wise over physics or business at UNC. Adding in CBH at Bama would seal the deal for me. CBH is an awesome experience.

You may know how selective the CBH program is at UA. My DD is an eng student at UA and she is getting a wonderful education with a lot of high stat students. Knowing students in the CBH program, I agree with the above post.

Out of curiosity, who would you be choosing a different major depending on which school you attend? What do you want to major in? Seems to me there are big differences among ChemE, Physics and Business.

My DS has been accepted into several schools including UNC in-state and he is choosing Bama and CBH. It’s easy to “get lost” among tens of thousands of other students at any large state university CBH and UFE are programs that make sure you graduate with references and experiences that will differentiate you from the masses.

Is it possible you could get the “Morehead”, I believe it’s called, at UNC? My nephew received that and he is having an amazing experience.