Bank?

<p>Can anyone tell me what the most accessible bank(s) is down there? Just curious as to how it would be prudent to open an account with.</p>

<p>[Banking</a> | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/1,1770,8048-1;8387-3,00.html]Banking”>http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/1,1770,8048-1;8387-3,00.html)</p>

<p>ATMs</p>

<p>There are four ATM’s on campus. Two are sponsored by the University Credit Union and are located both inside and outside the University Center. The Super Teller Banking Service through Bank of America enables students to receive funds from their account 24 hours a day (Honor, Plus, or Cirrus). While they are convenient, remember that unless you have an account with one of these banking institutions or their affiliates, you will probably be charged a fee each time you withdraw money.</p>

<p>CANE Express Account</p>

<p>Students can also set up a CANE Card account with Student Account Services, which allows you to use your CANE Card instead of cash for on-campus purchases for up to the amount of your deposit.</p>

<p>Checking</p>

<p>Many students prefer to open their own checking account in a local bank or University Credit Union to handle everyday financial needs. This eliminates keeping lots of cash around and may help you budget a little better. When opening an account, we suggest you deposit cash or a money order. Typically banks will not allow you to draw money from a check until it clears. Miami banks will normally clear checks from Florida banks in three business days. Out-of-state checks generally take seven days to clear.</p>

<p>Banks and Credit Unions</p>

<p>The following is a listing of several commercial banks serving the Coral Gables community:</p>

<p>Bank of America/NationsBank
1500 South Dixie Highway
Coral Gables, Florida 33146
305-669-6694 (HONOR, CIRRUS, PLUS)</p>

<p>University Credit Union
Whitten University Center
1306 Stanford Drive Room S120
305-284-4832</p>

<p>Coral Gables Campus
6250 Red Road
Coral Gables, Florida 33143-2357
305-284-4832</p>

<p>Medical Campus
Park Plaza West
Miami, Florida 33136
305-324-1009</p>

<p>CitiBank
1190 South Dixie Highway
305-669-2680 (HONOR, CIRRUS, PLUS)</p>

<p>First National Bank of South Miami
5750 Sunset Drive
South Miami, Florida 33143
305-667-5511 (HONOR)</p>

<p>First Union Bank
1541 Sunset Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33145
305-663-6106 (HONOR, PLUS)</p>

<p>Metro Bank
1390 South Dixie Highway
305-662-1390 </p>

<p>Suntrust Bank
5855 Sunset Drive
South Miami, Florida 33143
305-591-6746 (HONOR, CIRRUS)</p>

<p>We opened a Bank of America account at home and since there are ATMs on campus and freshman don’t have cars, it is the easiest way to go, unless you do the credit union and sign up during orientation or on one of your tours/trips to Miami.</p>

<p>Bank of America, although it sucks in general, is good to have at UM. And their student accounts aren’t bad, just switch to a different bank after graduation.</p>

<p>My daughter has used B of A and is happy with it. Best thing is no fees for using the on campus atms.</p>

<p>I agree…many kids use B of A and although their reputation is not great, we have had no problems and no fees! Convenience is key…having to walk or taxi to a bank is not really convenient when you need cash and have little time.</p>

<p>Citibank is right across the street from campus. It’s another option for everyone looking to open a bank account. They also offer really great student credit cards.</p>

<p>I use Ally bank. It’s an internet bank without any physical office, but every ATM is free to use (they reimburse the fees to you) and they have excellent rates. But you need to deposit money via check through the mail or direct deposit.</p>

<p>I am sure they are better, but the reason we went with BOA is because they have branches here in NJ as well. I am a signer on her account and can make deposits, etc. when she needs things done in a hurry. This really was a life saver when she was studying abroad!</p>