Baruch Admissions for Fall 2016

Hey guys! I received my acceptance email today :slight_smile: Iā€™m so happy! They said theyā€™re mailing an official acceptance letter soon! Good luck to everyone else!

Congratulations both of you! Iā€™m glad the acceptances are starting to roll in. Can you share your stats?

I received my Baruch acceptance email yesterday at end of day also. Waiting for Macaulay (March 15 I think is the date for those). I donā€™t understand why we would want to take the placement test if we havent decided to go there yet. You would think that the placement test would be after May 1 when students make their choices final. Iā€™ve had a lot of issues from the beginning with getting info from CUNY (missing transcripts, getting questions answered etc.) My guidance counselor couldnā€™t reach anyone helpful either. I think its a big public school system with little money and runs sort of like the DMV haha. You eventually get it figured out but hard to find someone to help you. My sister goes to a very large private school and communication was never an issue there. Itā€™s not the size its just the lack of funding and staff probably.

When do you have to take the placement exam?

@bizgrl taking this placement exam doesnā€™t mean that Iā€™m saying yes to attending the school right? I got an email today about my test date and time and it just doesnā€™t make sense that it be before I even accept my admission.

They gave me a Feb 25 date but I canā€™t make it so Iā€™ll push it off until at least March. By then maybe I will know where Iā€™m going

Accepted into Baruch and invited for Deanā€™s Scholarship. I applied Macauley but those decisions dont come out for another monthā€¦

Stats:
GPA: 3.55 UW
-Senior Year Course Load: AP Micro, AP Psych, AP Stats, IB Literature and Language, Directing, Acting and Dance

• Recieved a 3.94UW Trimester 1 of senior year
    ACT: 25 (Yeah it sucks)
    40+ Hours of dance a week, dances at pre-professional/professional companies
    Attends 5th ranked school in the US

Baruch was my safety but will definitely consider if accepted for honors college or dean scholarship

Just got my Deans invite also, waiting on Macaulay. Heard Macaulay VERY difficult to get for Baruch. My friend with similar stats to mine is a freshman there now and he didnā€™t get Maculay just the Deanā€™s scholar

Hey guys! I got the email, the Deanā€™s invitation and the letter too. My test is on Friday, whenā€™s yours?

Hi guys! Congrats on your acceptances! I applied to Baruch, Queens, and John Jay all through the Macaulay app in late November. My cuny portal still only says ā€œYour application was submitted on November 10, 2015 for the Fall 2016 semester. The status below reflects your application for the Fall 2016 semesterā€ and there is a huge blank space below that. Iā€™m getting pretty worried since I havent heard from any of my colleges. Could this mean I was rejected? How long did it take your portals to change status?

My portal changed status last week and it said that ā€œa decision has been madeā€ and that my application was still being reviewed for Macaulay. Then an acceptance letter came in the mail a week later and in an email at the same time with Deanā€™s invite. Iā€™m not a city resident but am in NY state. Maybe they notified non city residents first? not sureā€¦
@nerdy98 mine was moved to March 10th

@motortrend Could be, im a city resident. Maybe they release acceptances by major? Since Baruch is my first choice, my first four choices were Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Liberal Arts all at Baruch. What programs did you choose at Baruch?

Anyone a business major waiting?

@Ashley521 @LIParent101 Iā€™m Business major

@LIParent101 Im a business major, what does your portal say?

My S is a business major too. His says decision made. he applied to honors college so I think thatā€™s why he received early notification

My application says decision is made but I havenā€™t received an email how long does it take

@ashley105 I received a letter in the mail almost a week later and an email shortly after about the placement test.

Hey guys! Glad we are getting some responses :slight_smile: Iā€™m taking the math test tomorrow at 1:30pm, is anyone else? Also got invited for Deanā€™s Scholarship. There is an event called EXPRESS TO LEX for admitted students at 6pm so Iā€™m just gonna be walking around the city until then if anyone else is going lmk haha

And I am a business major btw. Someone asked for stats:
Iā€™ve about a 3.8 GPA
Iā€™ve taken 7 AP courses overall
I got a 32 on the ACT
Honestly donā€™t have many strong ECs but I coached volleyball for a while and played