Baruch Admissions for Fall 2016

Okay so starting today people will begin to hear back from Baruch if they applied to the Macaulay Honors Program because they notify the applicants of that program starting the first of February.

Has anyone heard back yet?

I applied to Macaulay so I’m constantly checking my email… will post again when I hear back

also waiting, baruch was my first choice

Baruch is my first choice to… It’s actually my only choice so I’m really anxious to hear back

too* geez lol

Does everyone’s status now say " admission decision made" like mine but doesn’t show the decision? I’m pretty sure I got in but I’m wondering how they notify you if it isn’t posted online… It also shows that my application to Macaulay is under review and will hear by March 15

@motortrend yeah it says decision made for me, but i have been accepted to several cunys.

@igoro98 did they tell you about your acceptances online or via mail ? Did they give any scholarship info yet ?

@motortrend i got an acceptance email with nothing other than it saying I was accepted. The email stated a acceptance packet will all information will be sent out by mail.

Ah! same with me @motortrend but with other cunys. I’m anxiously waiting on Baruch > ~ <

Thanks @sosoyumii and @igoro98 and good luck :slight_smile:

^_^; congrats on your acceptance! Will you be going! @motortrend

I heard it’s pretty tough to get into Macaulay. Hope you all get in :slight_smile: Good Luck

@sosoyumii I’m not sure yet. I probably will make a decision after I get my last acceptances and financial aid offers

Thank you! @LIParent101

@motortrend what will you major in?

Okay so I had the “admissions decision made” status for my application on my portal account for four days now and never got an email/letter so I just ended up calling the CUNY help desk because I’ve been a crazy person checking my mail and email everyday lol… All the lady could tell me was that I would be getting either an email or a letter soon (apparently they only send it in one of those ways, and not both) and to keep checking my spam folder as well. Still nothing though :frowning: I’m wayy too impatient

Thanks for calling. I’m guessing that the students who applied to Macaulay probably won’t have an issue getting accepted to Baruch?

Okay so I got two letters from Baruch today about taking the CUNY Assessment Test in Math 3 in two weeks as the next step in my admissions process… I guess it means I was accepted? The letter also says “the colleges that you listed on your application have completed their review, and you should have received admission decisions from all of them”. I STILL haven’t received anything. No mail, no email (also checked spam)…

They wouldn’t be asking me to come for testing if they rejected me, so I guess that is good news. But since when do I have to take a math placement test? I sent my ACT which was a 32.

The site says “You can demonstrate that you meet the University’s skills proficiency requirements based on your SAT, ACT, or NY State Regents test scores. Otherwise, you may take the appropriate CUNY Assessment Test offered at the testing center at CUNY colleges.”

Clearly I’ve demonstrated my math skills? I’m overall confused and kind of upset if this is how I find out I was accepted and not with a fat envelope. I’m going to call the school soon.

I called the number at the testing center with the exact same complaints. The guy I spoke to sounded like a student and he just kept saying that there’s no way to get out of the test. I think maybe we need to call admissions.

Parent of former Baruch/Macaulay here.
First you are accepted to both the college and Macaulay together at the same time.
Second yes even after taking AP Calc and scoring well on SAT math, they make everyone take math placement,
and then would not allow him to take a math class anyway (scheduling problem).

Don’t recall such confusion about acceptance, but in general, you need to be patient with such issues,
or you will not be happy at this or any large school.

I got an email, finally! I was accepted :slight_smile:

Earlier I talked to CUNY admissions and they weren’t much help about anything and said to talk to Baruch admissions. I called for Baruch and the lady there ignored my question and instantly transferred me to a voicemail box. The testing center was MUCH more helpful and they told me that everyone takes the math test now and they gave me two separate dates in the letters so I can pick whichever.

Overall, kind of disappointed that I received the letter about the testing center before I got my acceptance because I spent half the day confused but I’m just happy I got in. Now to wait for Macaulay decisions hahaha