Baylor reputation

I heard from someone that lives in Texas that Baylor is a big party school. TCU is more about Greek life and less wild compared to Baylor. Is this true?

If you are looking for a party, you will find them on any campus. If you are looking for a library, you will find them on any campus.

From my experience, I would not call Baylor a “big party school”. And I would not call TCU “less wild” in comparison.

USNews statistics:
TCU men are 18% in fraternity. TCU women are 32% in sorority.
Baylor men are 33% in fraternity. Baylor women are 34% in sorority.

For what it is worth, my gut agrees with your friend when it comes to TCU is more about Greek life, but the numbers do not reflect this.

Just an observation…there’s not much to do in Waco when compared to Ft.Worth/Dallas. So perhaps what is perceived as “parties” is due to the lack of big city nightclubs and attractions, maybe?

Yes, thing is exactly what she was saying. I was confused because Baylor is a dry campus right? I don’t get how there is still a huge party scene.

Baylor is dry ON campus as it is a private Christian university. If you consider that 65% of Baylor students live OFF campus then you might get some idea as to why there could be a party scene.

1 Like

I don’t know much about Baylor, as you can tell, but what kind of options are off campus? Do students rent houses or is it mostly apartments? Any additional info about Baylor would be super helpful!! :blush:

All first-year students must live on campus. At least one of the Honors dorms requires a two year commitment. There are Living-Learning Communities like most other schools that combine dorms with specific student interests, such as the Fine Arts LLC where students live in the Heritage House. Or Science & Health LLC lives in Earle Hall. You do not have to sign up for an LLC. There are TONS of options for first-year students on campus.

As for off campus, that is most likely decided after you gain your friends from your first year and as a group decide where you would like to live. Apartments tend to be chosen most often.

In my opinion, Baylor does one of the better jobs with constant communication after a student has shown interest in their school and/or applied. You will receive many emails and they are extremely easy to verbally connect with as well. Now, the application and housing process has many levels so it can get confusing at times.

Students usually are at least Top 25% of their high school class. Average SAT is around 1300 if I am correct. Popular majors are Nursing, Biology, Accounting, and Marketing.
About 60% female student population. And about 60% white ethnicity.