BC Nursing

<p>I was just wondering if anyone knows the difficulty of applying Early Action straight into the School of Nursing at Boston College?</p>

<p>From our experience, the BC school of nursing does not really except you into their school. The student fills out the application stating their desire to be in the school of nursing but the decision remains in the hands the general admission dept. We were told that the school of nursing gets the list of their students in July and have no say in who gets in. This surprised me and my daughter. We actually went up and she spent the morning in classes with a nursing student and then met with the nursing school dept. She gave us a general tour of the facilities and we had a nice chat-they do not interview we just happened to ask to meet with someone because we had travelled far to get there and, of course, thought it would help…My daughter was accepted EA but decided not to go there. Great school though…best of luck.</p>

<p>Thank you so much! So more or less, I am just applying to the school in general initially?</p>

<p>No, you would apply to the School of Nursing. When you apply to BC, you have to choose one of the 4 schools to apply to.</p>

<p>You actually check the box that you are applying to the school of nursing but the decision is made in the general admission office. Once accepted you would be considered “in” the nursing school. It is a “direct admit” nursing program. Just a little different that the school of nursing folks just do not select you. Does that make more sense? Do look at BC!</p>