BCS Mayor's Bet

<p>[Notre</a> Dame Vs. Alabama – Mayor In for RIBBING With BCS Champion Wager | TMZ.com](<a href=“Notre Dame Vs. Alabama -- Mayor In for RIBBING With BCS Champion Wager”>http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/12/notre-dame-alabama-football-bcs-championship/)</p>

<p>Don’t click if you’re hungry - there’s a pretty good looking plate of food from Dreamland pictured</p>

<p>*Notre Dame and the University of Alabama are taking their beef to a new level – TMZ has learned, the mayors of both college towns have made a friendly wager in honor of the BCS National Championship … and a whole lot of BBQ goodness is at stake.</p>

<p>If the Fighting Irish win – Tuscaloosa mayor Walt Maddox will send a heaping portion of coma-inducing grub from Dreamland Bar-B-Que to a rep for South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg. </p>

<p>Maddox has also agreed to donate money to South Bend Big Brothers Big Sisters.</p>

<p>But if 'Bama wins – Buttigieg has agreed to send gourmet chocolates from the South Bend Chocolate Company … and will donate to the Tuscaloosa Tornado Recovery Fund. *</p>

<p>Notre Dame would be getting the best of that bet. Dreamland is the best. Chocolates??? Come on is that the best they got. I think Notre Dame will be eating crow with those chocolates…LOL</p>

<p>Chocolates??? Come on is that the best they got</p>

<p>Obviously you’ve never been to South Bend.</p>

<p>I always like to read what elected officials bet on championship games. After the 2009 National Championship, former Alabama Governor Bob Riley refused to accept the gifts from the Governor of Texas because he decided that it wouldn’t look right for someone who organizes raids of suspected gaming establishments to accept winnings from a friendly sports wager.</p>

<p>If I were Walt Maddox, I’d be fine with getting chocolates as it’d mean that Bama won. :)</p>