Best Apartments

Should I sign for 2016-2017 at the Cottages or at the Junction??

How management runs things is crucial to how well you will like it there. Do they have on sight management or rotating/traveling? How about the bookkeeper? Are their people who work for the complex to develop a relationship with or do they only have student workers as your main contact person, who literally cannot help you? The Junction may be brand new, but it is the management that counts.
Take it from one family who has dealt with a horrible student complex in San Marcos and cannot wait until Aug 12 to move.

My son had a 4x4 at The Cottages. It was brand new so conditions were good. Pest control is provided - we had an issue with fire ants, apparently they were there first & didn’t appreciate the new buildings! Maintenance was pretty good - better than most complexes. The pool is nice and always full if you like that scene. Lots of fraternity & sorority kids live there, but it isn’t where the big parties are hosted. You aren’t bothered by management, some complexes are over kill on that. It is almost exclusively sophomore -seniors, rare to see a grad student or international student there. Rooms individually lock with keys. The bus stops at the gate & there is also ample parking, but it isn’t covered. Move out was very organized with a checklist & touch up paint provided. We got our entire deposit back there. I would say the downsides were there were some break ins in the past,it is one of the most expensive complexes and the road to campus is very busy but the traffic light certainly helps you to exit the complex. It is primarily student run (as are most apartment complexes) but we had no major issues. Utility bills here were lower than a similar apartment down the street ( I had two in different apartment complexes at once- both 4x4) Most complexes here are owned by large companies that are not on-site nor in town.