Binge watched tv shows

“Dark” was pretty good. Looking forward to the next season.

I don’t know if this is binge watching per se, I’d highly recommend A Very English Scandal; I’m not a huge Hugh Grant fan, but he was MAGNIFICENT in this!

Coming back on a 12-hr flight this week, I did binge watch Absentia on Amazon Prime; at first I wasn’t sure, but by the end, I didn’t want it to end!

Pbs now airing - world traveler rick steves speaks passionately about conditions around the world! Enlightening
https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/travel-talks/political-act

Netflix “The Forest”; creepy good murder mystery, in French with subtitles. Only on the 5th episode but we’ve watched “just one more episode “ two nights in a row.

I just subscribed to Acorn TV yesterday so I could see the third and final season of Detectorists. Tons of Brit and some Aussie shows I might check out. They have a free trial week and then it’s $4.99 a month so I might keep it for a month to see.

Been bingeing on Emily Owens, MD on Netfilx with my D, starring Meryl Streep’s daughter as a kind of neurotic young doctor. We like it, but it was only on air for for one season.

Check with your library @Barbalot - mine includes Acorn for free.

Starting on Betchley Circle San Francisco!

just started Deadwind on Netflix. It is, yes, a detective series based in Helsinki. 1 season so far. I’m enjoying it.

Really thinking about getting Acorn TV, at least for a month to try.

Just to say, HIdden (Acorn<Welsh) was dark, very edgy, and not the sort of fun others are. I had trouble engaging with the main DI.

@lookingforward Hidden is one of the reasons I’m thinking about getting Acorn! Try Deadwind. I’ll be interested in your thoughts. I also may have been suffering from insomnia last night and happy to be engaged by anything;)

I’m up to episode 3 of Keeping Faith, which was blockbuster in Wales. Kinda slow start. Will look at Deadwind next, thx.

I’m going to have to sign up for Acorn… I don’t know why I’m hesitating. (well, because my husband will question 1 more site!)

I’m watching two quirky shows right now - Love (by Judd Apatow), 3 season’s on Netflix, and Cuckoo, a British comedy with Andy Samberg. Love has grown on me. It’s funny but covers relationship issues surprisingly well. Cuckoo is just silly craziness.

Can’t wait for the new season of Ozark! End of this month.

Welllll, Keeping Faith turned out to be very good. It takes a while to get the drift, bt worth the try.

I reacted exactly the same way to Hidden. Wouldn’t really rec it.

I liked Hidden well enough. I just finished The Break, and I’m still trying to decide if i liked it.

For those who are looking for a feel good family show I recommend Life Sentence on Netflix. It’s so good! Stars Lucy Hale as a cancer patient who thought she only had 6 months to live so she goes to Paris as a bucket list trip, falls in love with a cute Brit and gets married! They return to her hometown in North Carolina and find out that her cancer goes into remission and she no longer has a death sentence.

The show has great family dynamics and it gets played out from episode to episode, especially with her marriage. Do they stay together? They mainly got married because they both thought she didn’t have much time to live. This gets interesting to watch and I love the backdrop of Asheville NC!

Too bad the CW canceled it but I think here’s a petition for Netflix to try and pick it up. So sad it really is a good show; only one season, 13 eps.

You might like Unforgotten, series 6, starring Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar . It’s a detective story with twists but no gore. I hope those who saw Hidden liked the beautiful Menai Straits and the area around :slight_smile:

Unforgotten really got to me. I only saw series 1 and 2 (so far).
Watched Betchtley circle 1-4: not as elaborate as the previous series, less based on paternity analysis, but highlighting 50s issues (protests, urban regeneration, moving to the suburbs, women’s ‘malaise’…)
Am watching Condor, a show updated from Days of the condor. Lots of action.

Did anybody watch ‘The Sinner’ with Jessica Biel? Loved, loved, loved it; really gripping and intense. I watched it over two plane trips, LOL!