Binge watched tv shows

@sunnyschool pretty sure it’s a Netflix original.

The OA co-creator (along with its star, Brit Marling) and director is the older brother of Rostam Batmanglij, formerly of Vampire Weekend. Rostam composed the theme music. The guy who created The Movements is a pretty well respected choreographer, as you might expect.

The first season was really weird but deeply affecting. I haven’t looked at the new season yet.

@JHS I just bookmarked 3 previous movies made by that duo. Going to see where i can stream them.

As I mistakenly posted in the Shingles thread…I enjoyed A Discovery of Witches…consider it if you liked Outlander.

We plowed through the new Amazon series Hanna this weekend. I thought it was pretty good and it kept my interest. I like the actor Joel Kinnaman.

1 Like

@doschicos Thanks for the reminder. We watched the premiere two months ago, it was good. We’ll add to watch list with Billions and Barry season 2 tonight. I’ve seen two movies with Joel Kinnaman.

Nice to see those two back together again!

@alwaysamom Yes! I watched the 1st episode of Hanna last night and it was driving me crazy that I couldn’t place those actors so I did some googling this morning. The Killing was a great show and I didn’t realize there was a season 4! And Joel Kinnaman - sigh :smile:

I binged on the 4th (and final) season of Catastrophe. Recommended; I especially liked how they ended the series.

I haven’t posted in a while. Watched The Widow…it was okay. Season 2 of OA-a little harder to follow than season 1 but still good…didn’t really like ending. Shtsel was very entertaining. Also watched Blood on Rome…wasn’t as good as first season but if you like the Sopranos type genre it was decent. Watched all seasons of the Expanse…cool sci fi series. Looking for some new recommendations…For reference I really like sci fi and those dark Nordic mystery shows…loved Trapped and political dramas like Occupied!

Last week I watched Mrs Wilson I on PBS Masterpiece Theater. Very entertaining. Part 2 is tomorrow.

I liked the last season of Catastrophe, but it seemed too short! I wish the series had continued.

1 Like

We’ve been on an Australian tv binge – Jack Irish, Janet King, Place to call Home. I have a bit of crush on Marta Dusseldorp. . . . she plays characters who maintain their integrity while the world swirls around them.

Also, Scandinavian noir – The Bridge, Trapped.

Loved Killing Eve too!

I’m with you @MaineLonghorn re:Catastrophe. The season was too short, especially with it being the last one.

I watched the first three episodes of Hanna last night and would have done more except I could not keep my eyes open! I didn’t know the actors from other shows so for a change was not distracted by their previous roles. Very well made and kept my interest.

Following Shtisel with Srugim - love it ? as others have said it’s an Israeli version of “friends” thirtysomethings looking for love

Is anyone else watching The Act with Patricia Arquette and Joey King? It’s on Hulu. It’s pretty good so far.

Here’s a description –

Ohhh,SJCM I just loved/love Srugim. I like it better than Shtisel. The character development is amazing.

I am recovering from knee surgery and came across a show called “A Place to Call Home” which takes place in Australia. LOVE IT!!!

I found it on my TV where the Amazon Prime Video, Netflix links are on a network called ACORN TV. It offered me a free week trial for season one, but I exceeded my week and managed to watch all 6 seasons for free.

Based on booked of the same title by Samantha Swanson, it takes place post WW2 -the 1960’s. The main character is an Australian nurse who converted to Judaism after marrying a French Jewish man. Together joined the French resistance, ended up in separate concentration camps and when she heard of his death she was traveling back home and made a connection with a very wealthy Australian family. She is such a strong woman and helps those around her understand their feelings and grow on such topics as faith, homosexuality, PTSD, love, etc. Great show and a fabulous cast.

Finished the two seasons of “The Handmaid’s Tale.” I need to watch something light after this!