Binge watched tv shows

Guilty binge watcher here. I just saw Happy Valley, there is some violence of the beating up variety and a couple of cringe-worthy killings but nothing out of the ordinary (LOL, that sounds bad.) It’s very good, and I think if you liked Broadchurch you will find Happy Valley very similar.

I encourage everyone to put “The Honourable Woman” on your list. It’s a British political thriller with the uber-wonderful Maggie Gyllenhall. Totally binge worthy.

I haven’t seen most of the shows mentioned here. I have watched all episodes of the West Wing with my son. I bought the complete DVD collection. I never saw it when it was on TV. It took us a couple of years to get through it. I also have all 7 seasons of Mary Tyler Moore, and I’ve watched it with both sons, multiple times.

Recently I realized that I could watch the Good Wife for free on Amazon, and I can watch it on the TV (through Roku), on my computer, or on my phone… I’ve been binge-watching it on TV while ironing or folding clothes, on my phone while using my aeropilates (I use it much longer if I’m watching TGW!)

Someone here mentioned ER, and I would love to watch all the episodes. I saw a few episodes on TV. They’re on Amazon but not free.

I have to find something else for when I’m finished with TGW.

I checked most of the shows mentioned here, and almost all of them are on Amazon but not free. The Americans and Downton Abbey are on Amazon Prime, so I will plan to watch those.

How do the rest of you watch these shows years after they were broadcast?

House of Cards, Happy Valley and Broadchurch are on netflix.

Netflix

Bought the CDs for the first three seasons of House of Cards. Binged watched with H this fall. Loved it. Season 4 starts in February and I read that Netflix was going to release the entire season, which means more binge watching for me.

The Honourable Woman is also on Netflix - streamed and on DVDs

Bromfield, you scared me into thinking I had missed a season of HofC and the dastardly behavior of Francis Underwood. I had to do a little google to confirm that season 3 is the upcoming season. It comes out on Feb. 27th. By any chance, did your dvd set include the original British series? I haven’t seen that one and think there is only one season of that. I am only a moderately interested watcher of March Madness, so I will have something to look forward to as basketball takes over the television in a few months :slight_smile:

^^Sorry for the confusion 2V. My set didn’t include the British series–I’ve heard it is even better than the American series. How do you get the British version?

I don’t know how to see the British version, but think it would be interesting for most HofC fans. I guess it would be financially complicated to bundle them together, but I bet it would be popular.

The British version of House of Cards is available on Netflix. I watched it, and was surprised by how, overall, the American follows the basic story of the British version. The big difference between the two is that in the British version, the wife’s character doesn’t play nearly as important a role as Robin Wright’s character does.

I’ve binge watched OITNB, Shamless, Bates Motel, Parenthood, Arrow, Happy Endings and The Good Wife this past year/2 years. All quality TV.

I’m getting back into Friday Night Lights (watched S1 over the summer) and West Wing (started S4 yesterday after binging 1-3 over the summer).

I have a bad habit of starting shows and never finishing them. Did that with House of Cards. I want to start The Americans because I heard that was really good and The Flash because I like cheesy DC shows like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am binge watching The Gilmore Girls. Wow. It’s like reading a good book. I just love it. I’m 5 episodes into the 2nd season.

I’ve been rewatching Brooklyn 99 after not being in the mood to watch a grisly drama and after reading an interview with Terry Crews.
http://jezebel.com/terry-crews-modern-day-masculinity-can-be-as-damaging-1665251714?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I download a lot of shows to my iPad to watch at the gym. I try to stick to PG ratings because the people on the ellipticals can see what I’m watching. Game of Thrones was a mistake! Favorites have been Orphan Black and Survivors from BBC. I purchased through iTunes so not sure if they’re available streaming. At home we finally got around to watching Sopranos. First season was great but losing interest after season 2, too violent. Can’t wait for season 2 of Broadchurch- coming this March.

Is The Gilmore Girls really that good? I started watching but haven’t been able to get past the first episode. I really like Lauren Graham and am currently bingeing on Parenthood. It’s fun to see her so young on Gilmore.

Yes GG is that good, but may be “dated” now.

My kids and I loved Gilmore Girls when it was on…have not re-visited it though. I binged on West Wing, Friday Night Lights, the Good Wife, Downton Abbey, Mr. Selfridge, the Paradise, Lark Rise to Candleford, Scandal, Revenge and the latest Musketeers from the BBC. Thinking of watching Lilyhammer but have not bitten the bullet yet!

1 Like

NYM2- I put seasons of whatever on hold at our library and check them out for free.

We’ve watched all of these: Breaking Bad, 24, FNL, Gilmore Girls, Homeland, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, The Sopranos, Entourage, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Community, Scandal, Downton Abbey… possibly more that I can’t even remember. Favorite comedy - Parks and Rec, hands down. Favorite of all time - Breaking Bad. Series we own and have watched all the way through more than 3 times: Friday Night Lights and Gilmore Girls. In fact, we just watched the end of GG season 3 last night.

1 Like

We binge-watched Doctor Who over the holidays. BBC America carried it for 5 days, 24 hours, starting Christmas Eve. More than 100 episodes back to back to back! :expressionless: Ok we didn’t watch ALL of them, but that was our default between other activities. I’m less confused about it than I was before, thanks to running commentary from D and especially from her boyfriend, who were visiting.

Has anyone seen Orphan Black?