Binge watched tv shows

Lucky for us our daughter forgot to cancel her Amazon Prime account after the trial period so it tripped over into a year membership and we’ve been taking full advantage of it - particularly the HBO shows. We’ve watched and really enjoyed: Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Carnivale (total binge watch - loved this one!), Deadwood, Transparent. Not so much on Alpha House, Vegas, Angels in America and just didn’t like Boardwalk Empire, Rome and True Blood since I’m not into gratuitous violence. Taken advantage of a lot of the Masterpiece series on AP too.

Any other similar good shows I’m overlooking on Amazon Prime?

Currently binge watching Wentworth - it’s an Australian prison drama … so far I prefer it to OITNB - streaming on Netflix

@swimdogmom, I thought Amazon’s exclusive series Mozart in the Jungle was good. It just released 12/23 - 10 episodes that are 30 minutes each.

swimdogmom, Seasons 1-5 of The Good Wife are available free with AP.

psychmomma, How long can you keep the DVDs? I’m sure our library has just about all of the shows but the lending period is only 3 weeks. Also, I like streaming with AP because I can watch on the TV, my laptop, and my phone. I can watch my phone while exercising.

Our library check out period is 3 weeks for older titles and 1 week for new. If no one else has them on hold, I can renew them. We have done most of our binge watching in the summer when there is nothing new on tv, and in the winter over Christmas break.

Highly, highly recommend The Wire in the original format. Recent binges include The Honorable Woman, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Parenthood, Homeland, West Wing, Good Wife, Broadchurch, Happy Valley, Mi5. My husband likes Liilehammer but I find it silly. Love all these ideas!

We just saw the movie, Selma, and I was excited to see Bunk (Wendell Pierce) in it!

Wendell Pierce is such a wonderfully trained, and extremely talented actor. I loved him as Bunk in The Wire but my favorite role of his was as Antoine on Treme. Perfection! He had yet another totally different type of role on Ray Donovan. He’s a gem.

Love Orphan Black! I won’t be able to save up The Americans to watch at once. Just make sure you don’t have any young children around when watching the first few episodes of it.

@Onetogo2, thanks for the suggestion of Wentworth. I was looking for something new and it was great.

For british tele fans: I recommend “As Time Goes By” (on Amazon Prime) and “Thin Blue Line”.

@Marylandfour, you’re welcome!

I’m about to sit down to some binging with Fargo, the TV show.

We loved Fargo! It is strange, but stay with it. Billy Bob is great!

I feel so unsophisticated, reading this thread. On the advice of a friend, watched Big Love. It was addicting, in an soap opera kind of way. Finished all five seasons, and may have lost a few brain cells…but I still liked it :slight_smile:

And when you say you watched it with Amazon Prime…what exactly does that mean? You paid for the membership and now you can stream any HBO available shows for no additional cost? I do see you can pay per episode on the Amazon site. TIA!

Amazon Prime have a lot of shows that you can stream free if you have Amazon Prime membership and of course by being a member you get free shipping.

Just started Orphan Black on DVD (6 episodes in on season1) and H and I are both addicted! Tatiana Maslany is absolutely amazing.

@shellz I binge watched “Big Love” over the school break. I called it “my soap opera”. I watched it ‘free’ with my Amazon Prime membership.

Started Carnivale last night…three episodes in, and I think I’m going to bail out. It moves so slowly :-/

Watching The Fall on Netflix. So well done although definitely creepy!