Binge watched tv shows

Started watching Lupin on Netflix. Entertaining if you can get past the enormous plot holes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s like McGyver or Leverage (although I often couldnā€™t see the plot holes in Leverage since they had a team with many different skills :stuck_out_tongue: so I figured they were each geniuses at what their specialty is). :smiley: I really liked Lupin.

1 Like

Rewatched Netflixā€™s Unbelievable. Itā€™s really very good.

Indian Matchmaking. I liked it but didnā€™t like that many of the stories donā€™t have an ending. The one person I didnā€™t really care about is the only one that went all the way through the matching process. I hope there is a second season (although with covid they arenā€™t sure they can do filming) with a recap of the people from the first season.

Living/Undocumented. This was tough. It is the stories of 8 families living in the US, well, undocumented. Some have been in the US for almost 20 years while others have just entered the US. Two or three of the families are successful business owners while the newest to enter are poor. It gives a fair picture of the legal issues and that there really is no ā€˜lineā€™ to stand in when people tell them to ā€˜get in lineā€™ and no way to become legal; a few of the children have DACA status.

2 Likes

OK, we must have not been in the right mindset the first time we tried the first episode of Schittā€™s Creek. We started it again last week after finishing up a couple of other series we had been watching. OMG. Absolutely love this show. So funny. Thanks for the encouragement to try this one again.

11 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying Bloodline. I started it because my celebrity crush is now Kyle Chandler after watching him on Friday Night Lights.

Bloodline is not my favorite show, but itā€™s still good. I like the filming locations in the Florida Keys.

4 Likes

I loved Bloodline!!! Mostly bc of all the scene of the Keys (where I lived for 18 years)!

2 Likes

Same here! We gave it another shot and this time it ā€œstuckā€. I think we are in middle of season 2?! Love it!

(It also took us two attempts to get into the Soproanos, but when we tried that the second time we were hooked immediately. Still miss it!!)

2 Likes

I binged on the first four seasons of ā€œThe Expanseā€ on Prime Video about six months ago. Except for ā€œThe Mandalorianā€, itā€™s the best sci-fi series Iā€™ve seen in years. The fifth season just completed, although they started releasing new episodes on a weekly basis so you couldnā€™t binge watch until recently. First three seasons were fantastic. It felt the show was running out of steam in the fourth and fifth seasons. Still, itā€™s been good enough that Iā€™ve checked the book the first season was based on out of the library.

1 Like

OK, just finished The Crown - great series! With that and Bridgerton done, time to review this thread to pick out some more series to binge so I can tell my husband Iā€™m getting my moneyā€™s worth from Netflix. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the Leverage suggestion. Had never heard of it. Watched a couple episodes last night and enjoyed it. We needed something lighter to go with our Criminal Minds binge.

1 Like

CNN started Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy last Sunday. Watched last Sundayā€™s episode on Naples and a pre-covid episode on Tuscany available on demand on Thursday night. Looking forward to this weekā€™s episode. I think itā€™s Rome this week. Traveling vicariously on his culinary adventures.

4 Likes

@2VU0609 we watched the Stanley Tucci program also. My husband actually looked up and found the recipe for the ā€œlemon delightā€ cakes and is planning on making them tomorrow.

We have also been enjoying Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix, another travel/food documentary. First episode was Thailand. Tonight we are watching Vietnam. The host is pretty funny.

2 Likes

@4kids4us, those lemon delight cakes made my mouth water! Hope your husbandā€™s are as tasty as the ones Stanley showed us. Thanks for the tip on Somebody Feed Phil.

1 Like

Are they ON Demand? I was so exhausted Sunday I actually went to bed before the Rome episode? I could stream them on CNNgo, but want to watch with my husband on a larger screen.

I highly recommend The Sinner on Netflix (3 seasons/8 episodes per season) with Bill Pullman as a police detective in upstate NY. Itā€™s not the typical crime series. Pullman, a man with demons, is the only character who returns each season and each season thereā€™s a different murder. The murderer is revealed in the opening episode and the season revolves around Pullman trying to determine the motives of the murderer.

@conmama : Yes, it seems they are available on demand. Looks like they also repeat the previous Sundayā€™s episode on Saturday nights.

Watching a new (to us) season of The Repair Shop on Netflix. British series where people bring heirlooms (real or imagined) to a repair shop for repair or restoration. Itā€™s got that calm Great British Bake Show vibe, very soothing and comforting. Some of the stories are touching. Watching the craftspeople bring seeming pieces of junk back to life is fun. Comfort food-like TV.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! I thought itā€™d beā€¦something else entirely :upside_down_face: Will check it out.

2 British shows, the first one because of The Sinner recommendation due to a similar title, totally different topic: itā€™s a sinā€“young gay men in London in the 80s.

Unforgotten: new season out!!

@2VU0609 , thank you!! I loved his first show!

Behind Her Eyes on Neflix. Six episodes, we have two left hopefully tonight. We usually watch a single episode so we donā€™t rush through but with this show I said last night ā€œI must knowā€. Lead is Eve Hewson, her dad is Bono from U2. We watched The Knick a few years ago. Eve played a nurse in a 1900 NY hospital, great medical, history sometimes horror show by Steven Soderbergh. Behind Her Eyes was a book but I didnā€™t read it. Mystery, moody, thriller with awesome music