Binge watched tv shows

Those are like all of my favorites!!!

The only one I’ve not watched All the way though is “Man in the High Castle” but thank you for reminding me to resume it and stick with it. I adore Rufus Sewell.

1 Like

My favorite season of The Fall is the 3rd because it shows the effects of trauma as well as ways for family and professionals to deal well (or not) with a victim of trauma.

As to Indian Matchmaking --I read an article which said none of the matches worked out in the end.

Not sure how many have AppleTV access, but if you do, do yourself a favor and watch Ted Lasso. If you don’t currently have access…consider a free trial or subscription. High quality content at a low price.

Back to Ted Lasso…if anyone had tried to sell it to me based on the premise, I would have resisted. But I saw enough positive feedback and reviews to give it a shot and I am so glad I did. Each episode is an infusion of much needed feel-good energy. I watched the first four episodes myself and then looped my family in. When we watch it together, I’ll look around the room and everyone will have a smile on their face. Warm happy tears are also part of the equation. So, so good. I’m now evangelizing to everyone!

7 Likes

Ted Lasso is the medicine everyone needs right now.

6 Likes

Ted Lasso is a wonderful show! I was sad that it was only 10 episodes.

4 Likes

We just watch all 3 seasons of The Sinner on Netflix. Sucked us in. Intense.

For the person who only watched a couple of episodes of the Queen’s Gambit - it is not all about chess. There are so many layers.

4 Likes

We are watching season 1 of The Sinner, just finished episode 5. It can get creepy, but we are from upstate New York and enjoy the scenery. So far I lean toward not watching the other seasons.

We have recently been enjoying New Tricks( Amazon Prime). It is a UK detective show, but lighthearted (sometimes even with a vibe like Grumpy Old Men). It’s a nice change of pace from the serious Silent Witness (Amazon Prime) UK forensic/detective series we’ve been watching for a while. Silent Witness is nice because most stories are 2-episode, which we watch same night (more like a movie). Also there are 21 seasons, the reason we selected it during covid lockdown.

I greatly enjoyed The Queen’s Gambit although I know little about chess other than how each piece is allowed to move. The music, sets, and costumes alone were phenomenal. I was fascinated by Beth’s development, and was riveted by the chess matches even though I had no idea what was going on. I also had fun recognizing actors from other shows.

3 Likes

Seasons 2 and 3 didn’t include some of the “creepy” aspects you are probably referring to (the minor storyline about the detective and part of the sisters’).

2 Likes

I think all these have been mentioned separately, but just checking in to say that the ones that our family (different ages/genders/tastes have enjoyed together

• Derry Girls (Netflix)
  • Ted Lasso (Apple tv, free if you’ve bought an Apple device recently)
  • Resident Alien (airing weekly on syfy, or on the nbc and syfy apps)
3 Likes

I watched some of The Queen’s Gambit last night since I’ve run through so many other shows. The sets were very interesting, particularly the Mexico City hotel. But there is too much chess and I am not interested in chess.

I’m not interested in horse racing, yet Seabiscuit and Secretariat were both excellent movies I thought. Somehow The Queen’s Gambit doesn’t have that something something that can make non chess enthusiasts interested in the movie.

2 Likes

I’ll jump on the Ted Lasso bandwagon. Saw a positive review, so got a trial subscription to Apple TV+ to check it out. I binged from the first episode nonstop through the last episode of Season 1. As good as any series I’ve seen in years. When Season 2 comes out, I’ll buy a month long subscription to Apple TV+ just to watch it.

2 Likes

My teens were actually proactive and just ordered my husband a Ted Lasso t-shirt (with the fictional team name) as a bdayugift. Just a great show !

2 Likes

what is ted lasso about?

I have played chess (at a very novice level) in past years ago, but it’s not a current interest. Still I really loved The Queen’s Gambit, as did my husband and many (but not all) of our friends. We just enjoyed the drama of the people and especially the evolution of the times (music, clothes etc).

I remember Seabiscuit being a wonderful film!

I don’t play chess–DH tried to teach me once,but all I remember was different pieces move differently. Just enough to enjoy The Queen’s Gambit.

We are bridge players, and it would probably be hard to produce a show/series about the fascinating (to me) world of bridge that would be of general interest. However, I feel like my friends who won’t watch Friday Night Lights because they don’t like football are missing out on a show that’s so much more! And I hope that folks who aren’t into hockey aren’t avoiding Beartown–the show gets better every episode.

3 Likes

Years ago we almost skipped Friday Night Lights because I am NOT into football. My husband and I watched first episode, and I said “probably too much Football”. We decided to watch the 2nd episode, and after that we were both hooked. It was our first binge-watched series, all seasons.

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip on Ted Lasso, everyone! I started it and then doubled back and got my husband into it, then my daughter. It’s just wholesome and lovely.

2 Likes

@Colorado_mom , same here. I read about how good it was here but I dislike football. I watched the first episode and thought, nope too much. Then awhile later someone said to push on, so I tried it again. I was hooked after the 3rd episode. Loved that show!

2 Likes