Binge watched tv shows

Some of these younger women might enjoy Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt, although they should be forewarned that, sadly, there was no second season.

2 Likes

yes, :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Did it do that badly? I would have thought the opposite, considering the topic.

No. It actually did well from what I hear. But Amazon decided they were going to focus on projects with more star power. Sony shopped the series to other platforms to no avail.

1 Like

A friend recommended a Canadian series called Still Standing. It was free on tubi.

Jonny Harris, a Canadian actor and comic (plays Crabtree on Murdoch Mysteries) visits tiny Canadian towns that are barely hanging on (but Still Standing, hence the title). He gets to know the locals, then puts on a stand up show for the townspeople based on what he’s learned. We watched 2 episodes. One visited a town on Vancouver Island of 150 people, the other a Rocky Mtn town in Alberta, population 1000.

It’s a show with heart, very cute, and funny. He pokes gentle fun at the town and its people. 6 seasons, 4 are on tubi.

1 Like

I didn’t se any recent references and haven’t gone back 4,000 posts, but a friend suggested the following which I have not seen. Any insights/opinions on…

• Queen of The South
  • Abducted in Plain Site
  • Murder Among the Mormons

Queen of the South is great.

Murder Among the Mormons was also very good - assuming you like true crime stories.

1 Like

Just watched Collateral (4 part mini-series / Netflix). There were several other comments on this thread a few years ago in, but new for us. I found it much more interesting than the ratings. Also a reminder how actions have consequences to others in ways we never imagine.

3 Likes

Serpent on Netflix is based on a true story. Very interesting and dark.

1 Like

H and I borrowed D’s Apple TV login and binged Ted Lasso this weekend. What a terrific show. So glad we finally got to watch it.

2 Likes

Season 2 of Ted Lasso starts July 23.

10 Likes

My daughter’s birthday is the day before and she’s declared that the best birthday present the universe could give her. I’m gonna make a feast and a great cake and we are gonna watch together for her bday celebration.

2 Likes

Finished Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place. S now recommends Kim’s Convenience, about Korean grocers with generational issues. Supposed to be a light comedy.

6 Likes

Kim’s Convenience is fantastic. Highly recommend you listen to your S.

3 Likes

Love Kim’s Convenience and can’t wait for the next (and final) season to hit Netflix!

1 Like

Almost done with Hannibal. I’ve avoided it for years as the Netflix description was not that interesting. But so glad I finally decided to watch it. It’s excellent. Highly recommend (if you can deal with gore).

Just discovered I get a free year of Apple+ tv with my new iPhone purchase. So now we can watch Ted Lasso - yay! I’m not sure what else is there - I’m still working my way into Netflix, which I got for Bridgerton.

4 Likes

I will say it’s DEFINITELY not for everyone, but my husband and I just couldn’t stop watching Servant. A small part is I love watching the Philly area on film (makes me feel like I’m home for a bit), but it’s a great horror show imo. Stephen King has said, for him, it’s the scariest show on tv.

Not on Apple (but rather HBO), and not yet binge-able at one episode a week, I really like Mare of Eastwood. Again, set around Philly, but the acting is just phenomenal.

3 Likes

THANKS! from your post i just found out i have it too free; from an ipad! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tell us more about setup for the free year of Apple+ tv with new iphone. Does it only work at iphone? or any device?

UPDATE: My husband found a way to do one year free setup via that TV. It’s not clear if it is somehow based on my new phone status. But we deferred since leaving on a long road trip soon.