Binge watched tv shows

Any info out there about when the newest season of Murdoch Mysteries airs in the US? Canada has already aired 11 episodes, starting this past September. I believe we watched last season (S14) on Ovation.

Anyone watching Season 4 of Yellowstone? I read that the season had begun. H and I had just binged in Seasons 1-3. After lots of searching for Seaon 4 (it wasn’t on the same streaming platform as Seasons 1-3), H found it. Saying it started with a bang is an understatement.

2 Likes

Where did you find Yellowstone, @Bromfield2? We enjoyed the first seasons but haven’t had a chance to search for the new season yet.

2 Likes

My college sophomore DC and I watched season one last summer. And we both thought it was was terrible and outlandish.

I am watching it now with my Spectrum app. It is on Hulu too but apparently requires an extra purchase of Hulu Live.

1 Like

Virgin River - during seaon one I kept yelling “why do I keep watching this?” I felt it was a badly attempted Northern Exposure meets Hallmark Channel. I felt like it had potential but the Mel/Jack storyline was rushed.

And does Jack not ever work? And the town of Virgin River must be really long because nearly everything is on the river with nothing else around it. (The scenery is amazing!) And there were so many mistakes.

I will say that I am more critical of shows when I binge watch them - I don’t think I would notice stuff as much if I only watched one episode a week :smile:

3 Likes

Follow up from 5736:
I’ve binge watched season 1+2 then jumped to 7 directly in French through a platform(+bitdefender vpn). This show is addictive because it’s feel-good even though it deals with real-life issues (food insecurity for college students, homelessness, obsession with instafollowers, drug dealing
) The “feel good” is the addictive part :yum:, dont go into it thinking it’s anything like Line of duty (previous binge). Kinda opposite.

Images from the 2 seasons on Acorn

(pic above: Candice and her ex-husband who lives next door, reliving a concert from their teen years. :rofl: => I typed the first words “quelquechose en toi” and ended up with the right song which must be pretty well-known sine the actual title is nothing like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP-P6tBexhk )

Excellent interview with international rights’ spokesperson
https://frenchtvstories.tv/french-tv-you/candice-renoir/

Family life: After interviewing church ladies who were not at a Tupperware party and offered her a gift, Candice goes home to a pile of laundry while her eldest kids help with dinner (in French).

if you’re into “house visit” tv shows, pics from "Candice’s"House on the Thau Laguna (in reality it’s a writer’s house,hence the wall of books), just scroll for pics - I don’t like the text, because Candice really is just like Sherlock Holmes in her observation and deduction skills, but because she’s a blonde the guy writing the post assumes it’s simply “feminine intuition”.

I found Season 4 of Yellowstone on the Paramount Network. I got confused and thought it was Paramount Plus, but eventually figured it out.

2 Likes

Wrt Yellowstone, Anyone check out “1883”?

Has anyone watched Ghosts, the BBC Ghosts, not the CBS Ghosts.

BBC One - Ghosts.

It is a comedy drama. My friend who loves Derry Girls (so do we) suggested this British “Ghosts” to us. We are not disappointed. Hilarious.

3 Likes

As a big fan of GBBO, I was happy to see that Andrew Smyth has a new show, Baking Impossible, in which the competitors are referred to as “bakineers.” It’s on Netflix. The first episode involved making an edible 2’ sailboat that had to be sailed down a 20’ waterway within 45 seconds. We’ll watch the rest, but mainly because of the judges.

More appealing was another competition show from Ch. 4 with Mel (of the old GBBO shows) as host. It’s called Good with Wood and it on Discovery +. When it aired in the UK the judges were criticized for being harsh, but I don’t think they were any more so than Paul Hollywood or Prue Leith on GBBO. I was impressed with many of the creations and even got a few ideas for after we’re settled again. It had the same pleasant atmosphere as GBBO with competitors being supportive and helpful.

What are the differences between US Ghosts and UK Ghosts?
US Ghosts currently is my favorite new comedy.

I have not watched the US Ghosts yet. My friend suggested the BBC Ghosts so we started with it and haven’t finished.

Glad you like the US Ghosts. We will try it after we finish the British one.

1 Like

Haven’t had a chance to watch them yet, but youtube has the trailers for the British version of Ghosts. Ghosts appear to be similar (Boy Scout leader with arrow thru neck, colonial era figure, etc).

We have Britbox and they don’t air Ghosts so we’re assuming it’s on Acorn?

EDIT: Ghosts (BBC) is carried on HBO Max.

1 Like

We also love the US Ghosts. Maybe we will try the British one later.

We also enjoyed the last and final season of Lost in Space. The first two were a bit meh, but I really liked the last one.

And we started Hawk Eye last night. I really liked the first episode. Looking forward to the rest.

1 Like

I tend to like original shows. British/BBC Ghosts is the original and the American Ghost is an adaptation.

Same go with other shows including Professor T, the original Belgian version.

It does not mean adaptation versions are not good or, sometimes, even better. That’s just how I roll :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for BBC ghosts suggestion on HBO Max, enjoying the first few episodes,

Thanks, I couldn’t find it on Acorn (where I have binge watched Candice Renoir). HBOMax will have to wait a bit :slight_smile:
I’m interested in the differences and where they might come from :wink:

I read the wiki page on the American version. Characters are rather similar.

My favorite ghost is Robin, the caveman. Once you have a chance to watch the British version, I would love to know which ghost will be your favorite.

2 Likes

GHOSTS,UK