Binge watched tv shows

I’m waiting for Call the Midwife Season 11 also. I figure it will come to Netflix eventually. I thought it was the best series ever ever ever!

5 Likes

I have totally loved it!

If you join your PBS station, you may be able to watch CTM. We can pay $5/mo and watch all kinds of things that are ‘off’ line. There are also other benefits like discounts on local theater and museum admissions. If you join it during one of the beg-a-thons, you could also get a CD of things like John Denver, Downton Abbey, Masterpiece, etc.

2 Likes

I don’t know how I missed the recommendations for The Gilded Age (HBO Max), but I just found and loved. This was one benefit of Broadway closing - so many talented people from the theatre available.

7 Likes

H and I enjoyed The Gilded Age too. So many talented actors!

This may have been mentioned before but I just finished “Trying” on AppleTV and really enjoyed it! It is about an adorable young couple looking to adopt after dealing with infertility. If you are looking for a feel-good comedy, give it a try. It is a happy little show!

2 Likes

Watching BBC1 Sherwood - name of a real town in the area made famous for its forest, Robin Hood, and the Sheriff of Nottingham.
Assuming it’ll be on BBC America shortly!
Really interesting British show about a miners’ village nowadays, long after the mines closed and long after the Thatcher 84-85 “mining strikes” ended, pitting miners against cops and scabs, and as the Red (Labour) Wall has fallen to the Blues (conservatives) and yet the past lingers. Distrust lingers. And then, 2 people are shockingly killed.
“We police by consent” says the police chief “and we must earn back people’s trust”.
Based on a true story.

Thanks for the “Trying” rec!

1 Like

Thanks for the rec; I’ve added to the queue.

What’s your thought on Heartstopper? I finally watched it with my Gen Z daughter. She loves it. I like it. It is a feel good show. Hard to believe most of the lead characters are new actors/actresses. They acted really well.

I am impressed that Oliver Colman agreed to take a small role. Having her name on it helps draw viewers’ attention for sure.

2 Likes

What’s your thought on Heartstopper? I finally watched it with my Gen Z daughter. She loves it. I like it. It is a feel good show. Hard to believe most of the lead characters are new actors/actresses. They acted really well.

I am impressed that Oliver Colman agreed to take a small role. Having her name on it helps draw viewers’ attention for sure.

Doesn’t spell check suck??

She’s been a strong LGBTQ ally. It was 2 days of filming, so she was probably happy to lend her support.

I really really liked it.

2 Likes

Heartstopper was wonderful! I loved every minute of it.

1 Like

I just finished Lincoln Lawyer. It got mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it.

5 Likes

We finished Lincoln Lawyer last night and enjoyed it as well.

5 Likes

Thank you for clearing the duplicated post for me (don’t want to call Olivia Oliver twice).

Did you see the blooper re. a rehearsal scene when Kit “talking” to Olivia (din’t want to reveal anything) and she was so moved by his action, she cried and forgot the line!!

The show is renewed for two more seasons. Will Olivia be back?

I have recommended this show to several friends esp. those with kids around that age.

1 Like

That wasn’t me.

I did.

No word yet. I hope so.

Pirate Gold on Adak Island- binge watched it. Interesting but a little hokey- the ‘sciencing’ thing was over the top. And I’m not sure I’m buying the reality of it.

My dad loves that show, but I couldn’t get into it.

Settling in to watch season 2 of Only Murders in the Building. Love that show. Also looking forward to the resumption of Better Call Saul mid-July. It seems that every three episodes, there is a shocking death. We are, of course, wondering what is going to happen to Kim (who does not appear nor is referenced in Breaking Bad).

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are among the few TV shows I have ever been able to get my husband invested in.

3 Likes

Just finishing “Julia” (HBO Max). I have really enjoyed it, especially having lived through that era as a junior high school student.

3 Likes