Binge watched tv shows

“The Old Man” is very enjoyable. Jeff Bridges is one of the few actors you want to hang out with.

4 Likes

Watching Abbott Elementary. Love it, but as a retired teacher, there are two things I just cannot get past:

—having a lunch break so long that a teacher can get her nails done. I never had more than 23 minutes for lunch in 40 years of teaching!!!

—A person who was given a principal job (then had it taken away due to a plot point I won’t reveal) WHO HAD ZERO TEACHING EXPERIENCE!!! That just does not happen, especially in a large east coast city!!!

4 Likes

Anyone watching The Split, with Nicola Walker? It’s quite good. She plays a top divorce lawyer who’s struggling with her own marriage. It reminds me of a combination of The Good Wife and Offspring. Just binged seasons 1 and 2 so far this weekend and plan on tackling season 3 later today. It’s on Hulu.

4 Likes

I just started The Split, and really liked the first episode. Nicola Walker is a favorite of mine. I loved her in Unforgotten.

4 Likes

Nicola Walker has a new show starting this fall on PBS. She plays a cop who investigates maritime crime in Glasgow. I believe it’s called Annika.

6 Likes

I’m a big fan of Nicola Walker. Annika is currently available on Amazon Prime Video and PBS Passport. It was very good.

4 Likes

I’m convinced Kim will die and I dread it. I think there are only two final shows, right?

1 Like

I think there are 6 episodes left.

1 Like

Yes, 6 episodes starting July 11.

I thought Heartstopper was adorable. A great series to watch as a family, or for tweens and young teens. Older teens might find it too sweet, but the main characters are 14 (with the older boy 15) and the story is good, each chapter well-developed. I liked the little animations, the butterflies, the electricity. In short, I really liked it!
Oliva Coleman must have thought the project worthwhile and while her role is small it’s a big surprise that was well-kept! Alice Oseman is a star among teenagers so I’m not surprised they got a lot of viewers and a renewal almost immediately.

2 Likes

My daughter pointed out that Alice Oseman made a cameo appearance as a passenger sitting near Nick and Charlie when they took a train to the beach.

I hope Olivia continues on, even briefly, as Nick’s mom for season 2 and 3.

1 Like

Netflix The hidden lives of pets- short series- watched 2 of 4. Fun and light. Recommend if you want a break from life.

Agree! I loved her narrations to the camera. She’s such a good actress.

1 Like

Oh, I desperately want a break from life. I’ll be all over that one.

1 Like

We are watching The Old Man with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow and man it is dark. I guess we’ll stick it out. Good cast.

1 Like

Yes, but the superintendent handing out principal jobs has no ethics so anything can happen.

I saw the actress who plays Ava on a talk show yesterday and she’s hosting a new tv game show.

I despise the principal character on Abbott so much I cringe every time ads for the game show comes on. Game show looks like a gigantic version of Jenga.

1 Like

Thanks for Annika, suggestion, first episode clever, different, humorous, sort of a Rita vibe to it. Loved first episode, thanks for suggesting. A good reason to use my PBS passport xmas gift from daughter.

Yes. The backstory is that she’s supposed to have blackmailed him to get the job. It’s like Monica’s apartment on friends. Those who cry “ unrealistic” miss the backstory only alluded to,once that it is long rent controlled from an aunt who is presumed in a nursing home or dead.

It is so dark. They are very likable, and affable, and then BLAM! Sheesh. But great acting and a great cast.

1 Like