Binge watched tv shows

Yes! I watched the first episode a few weeks ago and was on the fence. Then everyone was taking about the 3rd episode, so de used to continue (glad ii did, it was great), the 4th was “eh”, and this last one was really good. I wish they could be consistent with the “great episodes”.

2 Likes

The Empress on Netflix is really good. It’s German. However, there is only one season of 6-7 episodes and the 2nd season isn’t coming out until next year. I’m rewatching Call My Agent and really enjoying it.

1 Like

We just started Call My Agent. Like it so far!

5 Likes

H and I loved it! Hoping they make another season one of these days.

2 Likes

I just love listening to them speak. I was amazed at the similarities in words between French and English.

4 Likes

I just finished this too. I am speechless and horrified. What a horrible story on so many levels.

2 Likes

The new Netflix show The Law According to Lydia Poet is pretty great so far. It’s loosely based on the first female attorney in Italy. It’s a period piece. In Italian with subtitles.

5 Likes

Not a big fan of the zombie apocalypse genre, but friends convinced me to watch The Last of Us. Just watched Episode 3 last night, wow. Got Linda Ronstadt’s Long Long Time on first thing this morning in the office.

Side note, Pedro Pascal has the knight errant role nailed. Joel is the Mandalorian without the armor.

2 Likes

I couldn’t get into The Derry girls but maybe I will try it again.

Enjoying Shetland right now.

Have watched Friday Night Lights twice over the years…may have to go back for a 3rd sometime :grinning:

2 Likes

If you do not like the first episode of Derry Girls, I think this show is not for you. I have a few friends who could not get into it. It’s not their cup of tea. That is perfectly fine.

I do like Shetland and Derry Girls.

My husband thinks the first episode of Derry Girls is one of the funniest opening episodes of any show he has seen in recent years.

2 Likes

Maybe putting the subtitles on would help me! :laughing:

I have used close caption; otherwise, I would get quite lost.

2 Likes

Def subtitles for Derry Girls. A must for me. I also wasn’t sold on continuing forward with enthusiasm until about episode 3 of the first season.

1 Like

The Law According to Lidia Poët (2023) first season with Matilda De Angelis we really liked. It had beautiful costumes and music.I did like it was based on a real story. We watched it on Netflix in Italian with English subtitles instead of the English dubbed version.

We then searched for more of Matilda De Angelis and found The Undoing (2020 miniseries) on HBO Max. It also had Hugh Grant and Keith Sutherland and Nicole Kidman. Wow- that was a first for us- we binged watched it last night… had to know the ending!

I never watch dubbed versions. The first time I turned on Lupin, the dubbed came on and it felt so fake. Went to French with subtitles and it was much better.

7 Likes

The Derry Girls is funny, but DH and I never finished watching it. It just got tiresome. There’s hardly any growth with the characters.

There is growth with the characters by the end. The younger ones and even a couple of the adults.

6 Likes

I kind of felt the same way. Got through 3 or 4 episodes. When I have time, I will look again.

2 Likes

We don’t look for character growth, per se. To us, the show creator tried to portrait what life was like for ordinary people in northern Ireland during the Trouble.

She portrayed it with a sense of humor, which was a lot easier for us to swallow than in any other form, IMO.

4 Likes

When? I think we were part way through season two. I think the last one we saw was the wake with the scones.