Binge watched tv shows

Yes, one of my favorite shows ever. Loved the ending. I was sad when it was over.

4 Likes

Have tried to power through the recent episodes of Shelter, but may bother with the last two when they drop. The Jerseytastic scenes have gotten less interesting, and the plot is beyond ridiculous. Oh well.

H and I started watching Suits. We had never watched it before. Itā€™s entertainingā€“we just finished the first season. Weā€™ll probably continue with the second. I didnā€™t realize that Meghan Markle was in the series. Sheā€™s one of the weaker cast members, IMO.

3 Likes

My hub and I binged multiple seasons of Suits.
We rarely find a common TV interest so this was great! He got me a Suits themed anniversary present, LOL.

On the 9th season (itā€™s veered off into some completely implausible plot directions) - but want to see it through!

2 Likes

Just finished Perry Mason Season 1, just in time to start Season 2.
Sure, itā€™s dark, and they make much use of the fact itā€™s not broadcast (push the envelope), but I really liked it because the actors are all excellent . Itā€™s 1931, the Great Depression means people are hungry, and (most fascinating) LA is just starting to grow but is still near farmland with dirt lanes. This Perry Mason is a PI and still has PTSD from WW1.
I think itā€™s best appreciated if you think of it as a character study that uses the vehicle of a mystery rather than as a detective story.

4 Likes

Weā€™re only in the middle of season 2 of Suits. I think Meghan Markleā€™s character (Rachel) didnā€™t have much of a storyline in season 1, but itā€™s improving in season 2. Time will tell how I feel (about Rachel and MM) by the end of the series. And OMG itā€™s NINE seasons!!ā€¦so itā€™ll be awhile.

I suspect DH and I will watch a few seasons, take a break and then watch a few more and repeat, until we get through all 9.

We only started watching it to fill in some viewing time before we binge watch the 3rd season of Only Murders in the Building. DH and I have been surprised at how much weā€™re both enjoying Suits.

2 Likes

As if my Amazon Fire Stick can tell what I read on CC, it recently suggested Detectorists and I recognized the name from a mention here. Really enjoying it so far (half way through Season 2). I have a FB friend who is into metal detecting and I now know never to call her a metal detector.

5 Likes

Hubby was away for a few days, so Iā€™ve been binging ā€œVirgin Riverā€ (which he didnā€™t want to watch). So far I like it. Interesting characters, easy to follow plots. Nice mellow show.

2 Likes

We finally started watching ā€œThe Lincoln Lawyerā€. Very good.

5 Likes

We are watching Painkiller. Quite disturbing.

1 Like

ā€œDetectoristsā€ looks interesting. Can someone tell me what ā€œFree with ads on Freeveeā€ means, if you have Prime? Do I need to watch ads to watch it? TIA.

I finally signed up for Disney+ (the three months for $1.99/each deal) so am binging Wandavision. Quite interesting! I can see why there was so much interest in it when it first aired.

1 Like

Starting ā€œUnforgottenā€ (PBS Masterpiece"). Looks good! Quite a switch from
ā€œThe Summer i Turned Prettyā€ which I finished today.

5 Likes

Yes, sometimes the ads are at the beginning, but often at the beginning and throughout the show. No different than regular tv but often the same ones over and over.

I have FreeVee in my channel directory so it comes up after all the YouTube TV channels. If I click on a show, I often to even realize it is FreeVee, just think of it as another channel.

Thanks. So if I go on directly from Amazon App (I donā€™t have channels, basically) it will still have commercials?

Yes, that is how I did it. Freevee just popped up and it did have commercials but for me they were far and few between and short. I just had my phone ready and I looked up things during the commercials which frankly were not that bad.

1 Like

thanks!

I loved Unforgotten!

2 Likes

Me, too. I just started the first episode of the second season. So far, so good. I still miss Nicola Walker, though.

3 Likes

Tried to be VERY careful not to spoil----

Sunnyā€™s eyerolls in the first 2 eps of the new season have been epic!!! I would hope at some point Cassieā€™s replacement will become likeableā€”I get it, what she is going through, but man, what a (term for a female dogā€¦)!

4 Likes