Binge watched tv shows

She does.

On the subject of Cassie, Annika, Nicola Walker’s current show, will begin season 2 on Masterpiece on 10/15. Being the impatient person I am, I’m watching it on the UK stream, where the season finale is tomorrow. Definitely worth a watch for fans if the genre or of her.

As for me, I’m binging The Americans based on recommendations after having finished The Diplomat.

3 Likes

One of my all time favorites!

1 Like

One of the few shows I wish I could watch again for the first time!

How do you like Annika?

(Still into Perry mason, Season 2 -if someone wants to start with it, they can, and it’s less bleak than Season 1.)

I like it. It’s like Shetland in a way.

4 Likes

Oooh excellent :+1:

If I remember correctly, she does this little side chats with the camera - quite good viewing.

2 Likes

Correct. She breaks through the 4th wall several times each episode.

4 Likes

Loved the Americans. One of the best final episodes (no spoilers from me) I’ve seen.

2 Likes

And an amazing ride along the way.

2 Likes

Detectorists is fun, but oh my so many ads! We were watching it when it first appeared here, but stopped after just a couple I think because it was dropped by whoever was showing it. We just started up again with episode 3 and 4, and realized we’d already seen both episodes already!

1 Like

I’m happy Unforgotten is back again even tho I miss Cassie. But has the format changed? IIRC, in previous seasons, each murder case spanned two episodes before being resolved. So I was surprised after watching Episode 2 on Sunday when they had not solved the case yet. Wondering if this season will focus on the one case for the whole season?

I watched Annika and enjoyed it. Has anyone watched Nicola Walker’s series The Split? Very well done.

An older series I really liked that stars Sanjeev Bhaskar (Sunny from Unforgotten) is called The Indian Doctor.

1 Like

No

Each season revolved around one case.

2 Likes

@skieurope I must be confusing with another UK police procedural! It’s been awhile since I watched Unforgotten but I thought that’s how it was formatted. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Perhaps Silent Witness which does cover each case in 2 episodes.

I just finished Season 1 of Unforgotten. I noticed Hayley Mills in the credits (Hume’s wife). Yes, it’s that Hayley Mills, the Disney star of my ancient youth.

4 Likes

We just started Silent Witness a few weeks ago. Not sure how we missed this show for……26 years. We like it.

Feel similar to when we discovered Midsomer Murders, 10 years after the show has been on.

2 Likes

We started Silent Witness in the beginning of Covid. At that time it already had many (18?) season, and now there are more. As is often the case, there are sooo many coincidences involved in the plot line. But it’s still interesting, and the cast of characters evolves over time.

1 Like

I recognized her right away. She was my idol when I was a kid.

1 Like

I started it a year or so ago, so you’re in good company

1 Like