Binge watched tv shows

I’m liking Ray Donovan right now. Some episodes have had great LoL moments.

We have to drop Starz to pick up Showtime when Twin Peaks starts. I can’t wait to see Ray Donovan!

We are enjoying Stranger Things, especially David Harbour, Millie Brown and Gaten Matarazzo. Definitely a little scary!

Binge watched THE GET DOWN on Netflix and loved it. Put on episode 6 this morning, ready sit and enjoy for awhile and then it ended and I realized they only made six episodes this season :frowning:

It’s set in the Bronx in 1977. I lived in Harlem then, same music, trains, tags, fire hydrants, blackout, buildings burning so the setting is real and brings back so many memories for me. But even if you don’t have that, the characters are really engaging and the story compelling.Lots of new young actors, but also Jimmy Smits is in a great role as a community organizer. Highly recommend - Netflix original.

Love Doc Martin. I find the diagnosis and treatment funny but more realistic than most shows. We are in season two.
Also love, love Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. D1 highly recommended it. Wow, it is really well written and the actors are great. Good job Tina Fey!

Has anyone else watched The Girlfriend Experience? Still processing that one…

I just started watching the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and I am really enjoying it!

I did. While it was visually kind of interesting, that was one of the most depressing shows I’ve ever seen. I felt like I needed a shower after watching it too.

“Poldark Binge Watcher’s Guide” …

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/features/binge-watchers-guide/poldark-s2-binge-watchers-guide/

We binged on the first six episodes of “The Night Of.” It’s so great. I can’t wait to watch the next one.

I just finished Bloodline. I don’t know. First season was awesome. Second season was slow. I am going to keep watching because I like Kyle Chandler.

My wife disagrees. She loves the show. :slight_smile:

I’m with you on Bloodline @dstark. Our wives are both more charitable in their assessment. Hmmmm. :slight_smile:

We just finished Stranger Things as well. I had to finish watching it during the day. Tell me the episode with Winona Rider in the house with the lights didn’t scare the crap out of you!

Even though we love Sissy Spaceck, we are not watching season 2 of bloodline. Too dark.

We are out of shows. We want a romantic comedy for the over 50 set, with beautiful interior and fabulous exterior scenes. Historic houses are a plus. Wonderful landscapes are a plus. No vulgarity. Nothing dark and depressing. Dr. Thorne was a disappointment because it was such a condensation of the novel. We would watch a Barchester or Palliser series for years and years if someone would just make one. Please Please. I think anyone who enjoyed Downton Abbey would be over the moon with Trollope.

@alh have you watched Poldark? It’s not a romcom, but if you liked Downton Abbey, you’d like that. Plus season 2 is coming out in September.

yep
:slight_smile:

They don’t fit your description exactly, @alh, but have you watched Home Fires and Call The Midwife?

yep
:slight_smile:

I follow this thread and all of your advice even though I don’t usually post. And I have certainly appreciated all the suggestions and advice. Thank you.

I wonder if a write in campaign to Fellowes for a Trollope series would be possible or successful. I guess it depends how well Thorne does.

Very different than a Fellowes drama, and I’m no Shonda Rhimes fan normally, but we really enjoyed ABC’s “The Catch,” stupid end-of-season plot twists notwithstanding.

Another one I loved after acclimating to the first couple of episodes (and that many others panned) was “Indian Summers” on PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/series/indian-summers-s1/

YES to Kimmy Schmidt, @Onward ! I love to hear about people liking that show. Anyone who likes quirky characters and comedies like that - I also really enjoyed Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.