Binghamton vs Albany (with scholarship and probably honors college)

Associated Press By Associated Press
on January 31, 2016 at 1:09 AM, updated January 31, 2016 at 1:32 AM

ALBANY, N.Y. — Three black female college students say they were physically assaulted Saturday by a group of white men and women during a racially motivated attack aboard a city bus in Albany.

The Albany Police Department said it was looking into the incident as a possible hate crime. There were no immediate arrests.

The women, all students at the SUNY University of Albany, described how 10 to 12 white men and women used racial slurs during the attack on the Capital District Transportation Authority bus, University President Robert Jones said.

The women said they were sitting at the back of the bus when they got into an argument with several white passengers, according to the Albany Times Union.

The women said racial slurs were hurled at them before a fight broke out. One woman said several men kicked her after she fell to the floor, the newspaper reported.

The CDTA bus involved had a video camera aboard, and the agency is working to provide that footage to police, WRGB-TV reported.

“I am deeply concerned, saddened and angry about this incident. There is no place in the UAlbany community for violence, no place for racial intolerance and no place for gender violence,” Jones said in a letter to the university community.

@UAUKNOW Hi, My son was accepted direct admit to the business school and accounting program for this fall. He was also accepted to the honors college . I was wondering if you have any opinions about the honors college. We have read the info on the website and we are attending scholars day next month but in the meantime I would like to get a students perspective about it. As of now UAlbany is his top choice.