Blinn TEAM Appeal Letter?

Howdy!

I was accepted to Blinn TEAM early Friday afternoon. Though I’m tremendously grateful for the opportunity offered, I’d really rather start of my college career with full admission to the university I’ll be attending for 4 years…

I looked online to see the requirements to write a letter of appeal and I think I meet them. My father passed away in the summer before my Freshman year and my little sister, who was experiencing severe depression after his death, attempted suicide during my Junior year with pain pills that were prescribed to me after a surgery; she was taken by ambulance to a psychiatric hospital and spent about a week there only to come home with a dependence on several medications that took an extensive amount of time to reach a calm and happy medium. These experiences were both very traumatic and had a great effect on my performance in school (lack of sleep, stress, new instability etc.)

I didn’t want to include those occurrences in my initial application to Texas A&M because I thought I’d be able to get in on my own and didn’t want to feel like I had used two of the most painful events in my life to benefit me…

I apologize for the long story that may have killed some good moods :frowning: but, finally, here’s is my series of questions…
First, in y’all’s opinion, is the chance of an appeal working for full admittance to A&M over Blinn TEAM?
On AIS, the site prompts me to “My Next Steps” where I either accept or decline the Blinn TEAM offer; do I accept though I am planning to send in an appeal tomorrow morning?
Lastly, should an appeal be sent in the form of a formal letter or an essay?

Thank y’all so much. It really took a lot from me to even consider writing the appeal without feeling completely guilty or as though I was using my father or little sister and I really appreciate the help YOU personally are helping me by supporting my decision through your responses and just the time you’ve taken to read this long (sorry about that again, by the way) story and questions…

Thank y’all again :slight_smile:

I can’t remember where I saw it, but I think you have to contact someone at the university to have them “flip a switch” to say you are appealing. Google “A&M appeals”. I guess the question would be - did your grades suffer during those periods of time. Sorry for all you went through.

I would go ahead and write a letter to repeal.