Blue and Gold Plan

<p>First off, I want to know if I’m eligible (66K adjusted gross income). </p>

<p>Secondly, what does it take care of…everything or just tuition?</p>

<p>the 2010-2011 School Year cut off for Blue and Gold is 70k (opposed to last years which was 60k). According to the page on the UC Systemwide Site, the Blue and Gold Plan fully covers the systemwide fees (which also includes non-resident tuition fee). You might want to check out the UC system site for more info.</p>

<p>You might find more info here:
[UC</a> Blue and Gold Opportunity](<a href=“http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/blueandgold/]UC”>Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan | UC Admissions)</p>

<p>I understand it covers only fees (tuition), not room and board.</p>

<p>so from my understanding, I would have tuition covered for me? </p>

<p>It also says that you have to apply for the Cal Grant. Does the school you attend currently do it automatically?</p>

<p>I’m still learning about all my financial aid options and I’m definitely no expert but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be eligible for tuition aid if you meet the guidelines:
• Be a California resident
• Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 2 and provide any additional documentation campuses may request by the specified deadline.
• Apply for a Cal Grant (if you haven’t already)
• Demonstrate income below $60,000 ($70,000 beginning in 2010-11) with financial need, as determined for federal need-based aid program
• Be in your first four years as a UC undergraduate (first two for transfer students)
• Meet other campus basic requirements for UC grant aid (for example, be enrolled at least half-time during the academic year, meet campus academic progress standards, not be in default on student loans, etc.)</p>

<p>Fortunately, my school automatically submitted my Cal Grant. I followed up by checking on the cal grant website: <a href=“CSAC - Student Landing Home”>CSAC - Student Landing Home;

<p>I am looking high and low for all the aid I can get so I’m with you… :)</p>

<p>Brownman,</p>

<p>You have to be a CA resident to qualify for the Blue & Gold and for the Cal Grant.</p>

<p>fresnomom: LOL…I am from San Diego, CA! I just put Columbus, OH for the sake of it haha.</p>

<p>Brownman</p>

<p>Great! </p>

<p>For the Calgrant, you also have to submit the Cal Grant GPA Verifcation form before March 2nd</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>