Boston University Admissions Fall 2022 Regular Decision

Hi Also from ME and just got accepted…

5 Likes

DD got accepted after being deferred Ed1 and being deferred and then waitlisted at BC. A nice start of the weekend after a long 5 months of wait!

7 Likes

G :grinning:ot accepted as a guaranteed transfer for 2023!
Have to get 3.0 GPA from a US university

4 Likes

Did you received reminding email from BU?

1 Like

Help me. I’m desperate whether not receiving reminding email is rejection.

i didn’t receive an email to check my portal but got accepted if that’s what you mean?
hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you! Did you applied through common app? I searched it and I noticed that bu does not send to these applicants

no problem! yes, i applied through the common app. best of luck with ur decision!

1 Like

Hey! I got accepted to the college of arts and sciences as a presidential scholar! for future students - here are my stats

Demographics/Basic Stats
I am a middle class Korean American student from SoCal
UW GPA: 4.0, W GPA: 4.6
Took 13 AP Classes
Did NOT submit test scores, only submitted 2 AP scores (4 on Bio, 4 on WHAP, both of which I took sophomore year, SO DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DO NOT HAVE GOOD AP SCORES)

Test Score Advice: I literally scored a 31 on the ACT superscore and scored no 5’s on the AP tests. In fact, I had 5 3’s and even a 2 on AP Chem. My test scores were not at all high compared to other “competitive applicants.”

I think my EC’s really stood out and tied to the major with which I applied to BU.

Outside EC’s
I founded a nonprofit organization that empowered youth activism in global health, we had over 160+ members from 15 states and 13 countries
I founded another community organization that combatted social isolation and malnutrition in the senior community, we impacted over 230 seniors in the SoCal area, donated 3,430+ pounds of food, and curated 200+ care packages

School EC’s
Student Council President, California Scholarship Federation President, Justice Education Project Vice President

Jobs:
I worked at a Mediterranean restaurant for 8-9 months before transferring to Starbucks as a barista. I put my job at the restaurant on my CommonApp, which I highly recommend other students do.

Essays:
I wrote about Student Council and the growth I experienced through that. I strongly stated that I would love to continue to student leadership at BU and push forth my efforts to unify the campus.
For my Why BU essay, I wrote a lot about service opportunities and BU’s commitment to diversity and social justice which I did love about the school. I also loved BU’s commitment to a global education which I mentioned in my Why BU essay.

Recommendations
One from my Algebra 1/Algebra 2 teacher who saw me skip from Alg 2 straight to AP Calc in junior year. He mentioned a lot about my personal journey at my high school, and how much he had seen me grow in my leadership abilities, in and outside the classroom.
My other recommendation came from my AP Biology and AP Environmental Science teacher whom I LOVE. She is absolutely incredible and her classes have always been my favorite in high school. To this day AP Bio and APES have been my favorite classes in all the 30+ classes I have taken throughout high school.

My Advice
I was genuinely insecure about going into college, mainly because I did not really find my spark of motivation to help change my community until junior year. Seeing people online starting this journey as early as middle school scared me, and I was certain that I was going to get rejected by many schools because my EC’s were started later on in high school. But the thing that I believe stood out to me was the personal growth I had throughout my journey towards finding my passion for changing my community. And I clearly wrote about that in my essays specifically to BU.

6 Likes

Neither accepted nor rejected.
Guaranteed transfer for next year

3 Likes

If you are offered the Guaranteed Transfer option and accept it, you are not obligated to transfer. If you are happy at your freshman school you can stay there.

6 Likes

Daughter was denied with guaranteed transfer to School of Communication Fall 2023. Actually very happy with this, as it’s the best case scenario for her - we live just outside Boston and she really wants to go experience somewhere new. She has several other good options and this provides an amazing safety net.

7 Likes

You should be very proud of your accomplishments…BU or any school would be very lucky to have you!!! Even if the news had been different, i feel like you already won the lottery - to have found a calling and such passion for it at such a young age is wonderful!! Some people go their entire lives not finding it.

Very excited for you…I’m sure you will continue on to even greater things!!

2 Likes

DD22 accepted to Questrom and Kilichand HC
3.96 is GPA
1530 SAT
Good EC and great essays

5 Likes

D22 got accepted into Business, Kilchand Honors, and awarded Presidential Scholarship ($25K/year). 3.96 UW/4.69W, 35 ACT, 12 APs. Decent ECs and Essays.

4 Likes

DD22 accepted to CAS
4.0 UW/ 5.7/5 W
1540 SAT
15 AP
in the top 10 class of over 720
Presidential Scholarship

3 Likes

Are all merit scholarship decisions announced today as well?

1 Like

S22 Accepted to Questrom
4.0 UW/ 4.6 W
ACT 35 one sitting
15 APs
Decent ECs

After a string of WL and rejections this is a very, very welcome acceptance.

Wishing best for all in this absolutely crazy admissions cycle.

7 Likes

Waitlisted
4.4 GPA
35 ACT
IB student but took 2 AP’s for ‘fun’ and got 5’s
I’d say middle-range EC’s
Essays were quite meh honestly lol

1 Like

Rejected
4.16w/3.73uw
1480 SAT
Really strong essays and ecs