BS/DO General Thread

I DMed you bc some of the details are personal and I don’t want to say it publically.

NYIT undergrad in conjugation with NYITCOM BSDO program does not have interviews. However, some SUNY schools in conjugation with NYITCOM BSDO Program do require interviews. There’s a large discrepancy with SAT scores without BS/DO scores, I know someone with a 1290 and others in the high 1400s and 1300s. Since the SUNY schools only accept 10 maximum BS/DO students, I believe it should be more competitive to get into than the NYIT undergrad BS/DO program because they can give off a larger selection of acceptances to their BS/DO program

1 Like

Ehh I think these BSDO statistics are inflated if we were to consider the data given as matriculant data. I firmly believe if you’re getting over a 1300 or 1290 SAT and you have a 90+ GPA, you should receive an acceptance if you have a good personal statement, good application, genuine personality, don’t provide any red flags. But yes, I agree with the fact that for you to be a competitive BS/MD applicant, a 1500+ should be your target.

1 Like

I wish the requirement was still a 504 lol

Right now it’s a 507, for every NYITCOM BS/DO student regardless of your undergrad institution. but it is most likely to increase for the new classes. It depends on NYITCOM’s last year average MCAT score.

They both require the MCAT and have identical MCAT policies.

Unfortunately, to be truly competitive BSMD ORM student, SAT needs to be 1550 and above.

We talked this over with my son and he agreed that having a pathway was a better option than going to an undergrad and then trying to get into med school.

He can always work really hard and try to score higher on the MCAT if he wants to get into an MD program.

1 Like

Thank you.

GL with the MCAT…I am sure you will do well…whether it is 504 or 507.
Hopefully they require a MACT score only by the end of your junior year to allow you time to get some premed courses in to help w the MCAT. Thanks for sharing your thoughts…very helpful…keep them coming and GL to you.

I am not getting Bsmd interviews therefore wants to apply to bsdo.
Could anyone update if I can still apply to any bsdo ?

did anyone apply to rowan’s bsdo?

Do we can move from BSDO to BSMD after 3 years… is there option to do. if we have option then we need wait 4 years or 3 years in NYIT? Please have some light here

Re: applying to BSDO

I know that Nova Southeastern’s final due date is 2/1/22

1 Like

I think you can drop out of the BS/DO program at any time.

BS/MD programs are only open to high school applicants.

1 Like

Thank you for info, Yeah i am talking about High School students only. I heard NYIT BSDO is binding and we can’t comeout from the program. if you apply for BSMD then we will be out from the BSDO program and you going to lose your position.

If you apply out of BS/DO, you will be dropped out of the program. However, you can leave the program whenever you want.

Many people who do well on the MCAT, and have good GPAs and good extracurriculars apply out of BS/DO to regular MD schools.

Thank you for the info, Can i know when we going to get the undergraduate degree, take 4 years or 3 years. Can we come out from BSDO in 3rd year?

LECOM is another program. Just make sure you send your application to one of their affiliated UG schools.

1 Like

I think NYIT BS/DO is a 7 year program. You have 3 years of undergrad then 4 years of medical school.

Though they might have changed it to 8 years (4 years undergrad and 4 years med school).

Some people drop out after the undergrad portion of the program because they have high GPAs and high MCAT scores and they want to apply out.

The main reason why people drop out of the program is because they can’t maintain the GPA requirement (3.5), they aren’t interested in medicine, they don’t meet the MCAT requirement (507), or they apply out of the program to traditional medical schools.

Side Note: Apparently many people who get into NYIT BS/DO don’t have many medical related extracurriculars.

I just checked my notes - NYIT/ NYITCOM BS/DO is 3+4 and the major is restricted to life science.

Just curious, where did you get the info:

Side Note: Apparently many people who get into NYIT BS/DO don’t have many medical related extracurriculars.

1 Like