Business of Cinematic Arts (BCA) Program at USC

Hi! I’m a current Junior in the Business of Cinematic Arts (BCA) Program at USC - I found a post asking about the BCA Program so I just wanted to share my thoughts in case any prospective students are curious. I stumbled across this because I’m helping my younger sister with her college apps!! But anyway BCA is an unmatched program perfect for anyone interested in working in the Entertainment Industry. The curriculum covers a wide range of topics you need to be successful in any branch of the industry. The exclusivity of the program allows each student to receive one on one mentorship, career advice and even one on one meetings with the Dean of the program. You get very close with your cohort, which is wonderful because you automatically have a 40 person friend group to stick with you for the 4 years of college and beyond. My friends who graduated from this program went on to work at Disney, Netflix, HBO Max, CAA and so much more! I once heard someone say BCA is to entertainment like Wharton is to business - this program has changed my life!!

If you guys have any specific questions I’m happy to help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m applying EA to the BCA program, and wanted to know a bit more about it before I submit the application. Would really appreciate it if you could answer a few questions:

1. How is the balance between the business and creative side of this major? Are there any specific electives that have helped you explore the more practical side of the entertainment industry?
  2. Excluding the alumni network and internship opportunities, are there any resources, clubs, centres or anything at USC really, that students make use of to fulfill this academic interest?
  3. Are there any unknown ‘perks’ of the BCA programme that might not be as well advertised as the internship opportunities/the professional led classes?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.