Cal Poly SLO Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Hello! I feel your frustration. I hope your daughter and mine make it into Cal poly. Being an alumni and spending a lot of my daughters years in San Luis Obispo it has been her number one school for a long time. Unfortunately it’s not just based on GPA and AP classes. Cal Poly uses what’s called an MCA (Multi Criteria Admission) and certain factors added a lot more points. Such as working a certain amount of hours per week for a job. If one or more of the parents didn’t go to college, etc. I keep reminding my daughter as she checks her portal a minimum of 10 times per day that she did everything in her power to do what she needed to do to get into Cal poly. Good luck to your daughter, sounds like she’s very bright.

11 Likes

Thank you so much for the response. That additional info is helpful. Unfortunately, she hasn’t had a job and I did graduate from college, so I guess both of those items aren’t in her favor (but her friends are also in that group, no jobs and one or both parents are college grads) :thinking:.

It’s just been a rough few days. She got waitlisted at UCI, UCSD and UCLA. She’s admitted to the local colleges but her heart was really with one of the ones she’s WL on or SLO. She’s now considering just going the community college route and doing TAG with Irvine.

Good luck to your daughter also! I hope she gets in! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My son got admitted to CS. It would be awesome for the admitted students to connect

3 Likes

Congrats to those admitted and good luck to those waiting.

Congrats to him! Today?

Hi. When did you get the result? I am awaiting my son’s decision too. CS program. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks! Booked it!

Last week. Got an e-mail.

1 Like

Thanks!

Is the open house on 4/14?

No. 4/7-4/9

1 Like

Except my NHRP kid didn’t get in :sob: Too bad, he was a double legacy. We knew if was a reach.

Here’s the link to the Cal Poly Admissions Instagram Live video that someone else referred to earlier: Admissions Instagram - Admitted Student Q&A 2022 - YouTube It’s long, and I only listened to first five minutes, but the impression I’m getting is that they are swamped with apps (69k apps, record breaking year), and haven’t even looked at all of them. The host says “Today is the 21st of March, and we’re still reviewing applications.” This may be a good or bad sign depending on how to look at it (there’s still a shot vs. competition is fierce). By the way, my daughter and I met this individual during a tour last year - We spent a good chunk of time asking about the app review process, and he definitely gave us the impression that they take their time combing over each candidate’s app. Good luck to all who haven’t heard (we’re one of them)!

13 Likes

My friend inquired and was told the registration would be coming out next week- maybe some trouble with the system?

We were able to register earlier today.

Do you know if SLO pays attention to LOCI (Letter of Continued Interest) for waitlist kids? basically plea their case again or is that not something SLO admissions cares about?

SLO states you can submit an LOCI which will be put in your student file, but it will not be used to determine waitlist admits.

##No additional documents or information is necessary. Applicants may send in a letter of continued interest, but students are selected from the waitlist using the same criteria used for admissions decisions. We will notify all students by July 15th of their decision.

I watched the first few minutes of video and want to find hope for my D, who hasn’t heard yet, but I didn’t interpret anything that admissions officer said as encouraging. It is crazy that they withhold the rejection letters for so long and prolong the agony of defeat.

13 Likes

I was able to register this morning at orientation.cal poly.edu. There is a link posted on here earlier this am.

I’m an international student from Italy currently living her exchange year in California and I’m still hoping with all my heart to get in; but I feel like it’s impossible since they have been releasing the first wave of admissions after four months from when the application was due and now they are trying to “still review applications” with two weeks after the first wave. Like how can they release a second wave in two weeks if it took four months for them to release the first one? Hopefully is just a thought… good luck to everyone

5 Likes