Cal Poly SLO / Freshmen Housing question

Does Cal Poly SLO allow freshmen in the Cerra Vista housing? My understanding is that this used to be for freshmen but they now have a new building for all incoming freshmen. My daughter has severe anxiety and the dorm style bathrooms will not work for her. Do they make special accommodations for freshmen to stay at Cerra Vista?

Are the dorm style bathrooms the ones that are down the hall?
What kind at Cerra Vista?
I don’t know the answer, but am interested in the options, also.

Yes, all the other dorms have the shared community bathrooms. Cerra Vista has suite style accommodations with shared bathrooms in the rooms. I understand that past freshmen had the option of the residence halls or Cerra Vista but I believe Cerra is now only for upperclassmen but I am wondering if it is still an option for freshmen.

No, Cerro Vista is for sophomores and above. They only opened for freshmen last year due to overenrollment.

Also, the new building only houses about 1,500 freshmen; most freshmen are in the “not new” dorms.

I’m a current freshman at Cal Poly. As of this year (since the new dorms opened), only upperclassmen are living in PCV/Cerro Vista; freshmen are all in the dorm-style buildings. I haven’t heard of any exceptions, but you’d have to contact the school.

Also, when filling out your housing application, you can’t list a preference for which building you want to live in (yakityutyu, Sierra Madre, Cerro Vista, etc.). Instead, you list your preferred “Learning Communities” (college-based, substance-free, mindful living, etc.) and each Learning Community is assigned to building(s) based on demand.

@norcal55: I would contact Housing administration directly to inquire about your daughter’s specific need for accommodations.

http://www.housing.calpoly.edu/content/contact-us