Can elc be taken away?

<p>I am kind of banking on my elc status to get into a UC, but I have noticed that drop out rates are rising at my high school, which means that my gpa (which barely meets the cut off for top 4%) may no longer qualify for elc standards if too many people drop. My high school tested lower than any other school in our district, we offer few ap classes, and a lot of students are unmotivated. From 2008 to 2009 my class size went from 1043 to 761. Could this affect my chances and cost me my guarantee to davis and santa barbara?</p>

<p>holy cow, that many people dropped out in one year?</p>

<p>Sorry, I’m not much of a help,lol.</p>

<p>most dropped, there were also a lot of transfers because they cut our IB program because of budget cuts.</p>

<p>NOt sure if I understand your question…what do you mean “dropped”? Do you mean dropped out of school or transferred before end of Junior Year? If so the denominator will go down and yes, ELC #'s will go down since ELC is 4% of the Juniors which become rising seniors.</p>

<p>If you have already been officially notified by UC that you are ELC, it will not be taken away.</p>

<p>And even if it was taken away (which it won’t be), I have a feeling you’d get into Davis and Santa Barbara anyway.</p>

<p>ELC status is based on a snapshot picture of time, based on the end of the junior year. If you’ve already received the ELC qualifying letter, then you are golden. The UCs are WAY too busy with other issues to go back an recalibrate the ELC lists. They even allow candidates to self-report grades and are mainly interested in the final transcript if you have been accepted and will be attending.</p>

<p>Such a large drop out rate can, of course, impact calculations for val/sal quite a bit, since those do run to the end of senior year. Other than some “bragging rights,” those aren’t particularly meaningful in the long run.</p>

<p>Oh gosh… now I’m scared</p>