Can I appeal to a UC based on a disorder?

Should the main focus of my UC appeal be that of my disorder which has inhibited me greatly throughout high school?

If the disorder wasn’t important enough to mention in your application, I wouldn’t bring it up now.

My son was waitlisted to a UC in 2013 and appealed based on a medical condition. He was accepted to the school. It’s not that his medical condition wasn’t important enough to mention in the original application so much that he does not like to talk about it. It definitely impacted him in high school and when he was WL’d he decided to go ahead and write about that impact. However, it was not the same UC you are appealing to and may depend on other factors. Since he was already on the WL, I am assuming he was already on the edge of being accepted anyway and this just bumped him over.

Devils advocate:

So, has your disorder now disappated such that it WONT inhibit you greatly throughout College, or will it continue to inhibit you?

It’s worth a shot, right?

I agree with Aunt Bea.

If the disorder was severe enough to “inhibit (you) greatly throughout high school” then won’t it be in impediment to your success in college???