Can you match very different twins who want to stay close to each other?

Tulane likes to see a lot of demonstrated interest. Visiting Tulane is a big plus (make sure you sign in at the admissions office). Open all the email, click the links in all the emails, visit the Tulane rep if one comes nearby at a college fair or visits the school, send specific messages to the admissions rep that can’t be answered via the website, etc. Run the Net Price Calculator. If it’s within budget and it’s her top choice, then consider ED. If it’s not within budget, definitely do EA. In the “Why Tulane” essay she will need to be able to explain why TULANE and not just why New Orleans or the south or any kind of description that could be applied to an entity that is not Tulane. They also like to see community service.

But yes, there are lots of opportunities for people interested in pre-med and in environmental studies at Tulane.

4 Likes

If you plan to visit Tulane and Loyola, I highly recommend staying at the Park View Guesthouse – it’s right across St. Charles Avenue from Tulane, and is on the corner of Audobon Park: https://parkviewguesthouse.com/.

On paper this really sounds like the dream combination. LoyNo is well known for their music majors and there are tons of premeds at Tulane. They also have a guaranteed med school admission program, it is a small cohort and the name escapes me right now. They just revamped their environmental science program and it seems to be very personable with good contact with professors.
It’s hard to beat New Orleans in food and music :wink:

The new Admissions Director at Tulane is allegedly moving away from the heavy emphasis on ED and they have been very focused on increasing diversity on campus.

4 Likes

Regarding EA: For Loyola jazz studies, this year the first audition day on campus was 1/28. So, even though my kid applied in October, he did not get his admissions decision until the first week of February. However, some students who couldn’t audition in person submitted recorded auditions and found out earlier.

To the OP: As a jazz musician, my son could not give up the opportunity to study in NOLA! He starts as a freshman this year. I think Loyola is known to have a strong music therapy program. It’s also known as a warm and welcoming school where faculty and staff look out for students. It seems like the right kind of place for your kid. Definitely keep this combo on your list and do visit.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.