Capstone Day Q

<p>Got invite to Capstone day but have a school (senior) event conflict that weekend. Who do I contact to see if there’s anything similar at any other time? Was going to do these events to help decide among acceptances …</p>

<p>There isn’t another similar event for a senior. There is a UDay around February, but that’s for juniors since it’s mostly about the app process for the following fall.</p>

<p>Frankly, I don’t think CSDay or UDay helps with decision-making because of the content that it goes over. </p>

<p>If you want help with decision-making, you’re better off doing a campus tour followed by an Honors College personalized visit. If you’re an eng’g major, then also include that tour. The Honors College arranges for you to meet with dept heads, honors faculty, etc, which really helps with decision-making. </p>

<p>When you visit Bama, this is what you need to do…</p>

<p>set up a campus tour time online…try for the early morning tour and don’t go on a weekend or a day that campus is closed…faculty aren’t there for you to meet.</p>

<p>[Campus</a> Visits - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/visits/]Campus”>Visit)</p>

<p>send an email to Allison Verhine in the Honors College </p>

<p>In the email, include:</p>

<p>tour time and date
student name & contact info
test scores and GPA</p>

<p>intended major and career (in your case pre-dentistry)
interest in Computer Based Honors program and/or University Fellows Program (if desired)
Also, include any thing else that interests you about the school…such as touring the new Science and Engineering Complex and Shelby Hall. </p>

<p>Allison will arrange the rest of the day…meeting with dept heads, honors faculty, touring honors dorms, etc.</p>

<p>Allison Verhine - Honor College Recruitment Coordinator
269 Nott Hall
205-348-5534
<a href=“mailto:allison.verhine@ua.edu”>allison.verhine@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>if you’re in Engineering or Comp Sci, then also fill this out
[Plan</a> a Visit - About the College - The College of Engineering - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://eng.ua.edu/about/visit/]Plan”>Plan A Visit – College of Engineering | The University of Alabama)
and let Allison know that you need to coordinate these efforts.</p>

<p>*because of the content that it goes over. *</p>

<p>Can you share what the content of the day is? We got an invite, too. Is this something worth traveling 800 miles if my child has already chosen to attend Bama?</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>If your child will be attending Bama, then you’ll get the info that you need at Bama Bound. </p>

<p>Have you toured Bama before?</p>

<p>Yes, we have visited. Is this like a sales day for students who are undecided?</p>

<p>^ yes, exactly!</p>

<p>So if already I plan to attend Bama, is it not really worth it to make the trip down there?</p>

<p>If you’re already committed to going, then you’ll get all the information you need from this forum.</p>